2013 Football Recruits - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum



Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index


Lafayette Sports Fan Forum > Recruiting Thread > 
--- 2013 Football Recruits

Reply to topic

Must be logged in to watch topics

Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:14 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6047







Might as well get it started.  I'll add the names from the major recruiting services at some point.

 Brandon Spatz, a 6-1, 200-pound junior wide receiver and linebacker, is being recruited by a number of Division I-AA programs, including William and Mary, Lehigh, and Lafayette.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-0..._1_croke-park-crusaders-ireland/2

 Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:50 am

edge29View user's profile






Joined: 20 Nov 2010
Posts: 756







"The 6-3, 220-pound quarterback has received scholarship offers from Bucknell, Buffalo, Colgate, Delaware and Lafayette...........Boston College could offer soon, perhaps as soon as this weekend when Yocum visits the campus to work out for the coaching staff.

Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Illinois, North Carolina State, Connecticut, Villanova, and Temple are among the other schools paying close attention.

College coaches like Yocum's size, his arm strength, his 4.59 speed and his effectiveness as both a pocket passer and a runner."

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=391149

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:27 am

Franks TanksView user's profile






Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 3273







Nice finds guys. Per rivals we have a list starting, but it is a bit inaccurate as UL-Lafayette recruits are showing up. If the kid is from Miss, Louisiana, or Alabama just assume he is a UL-Lafayette recruit.

To find the list go to the rivals page and click on the "database" link.  From there you can search by school.  For some reason the link in the browser is inaccurate when I copy & paste.


This Robert Garcia kid is a perfect example of the space we can now play in with scholarships. He has offers from Lafayette and Lehigh as well as Air Force, Iowa State, Ohio, and Florida Atlantic. We may not land this kid in particular, but if we can get just a few kids like him per class our talent level will increase significantly.


http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/foot..._ylt=Aj8ZohTEZ3JTshq1z_MqVZtIPZB4

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:04 pm

seenalotView user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1424







Testing my memory here, but didnt we have a Yocum a few years back - LB, but dropped off the face of the planet for reasons I dont recall.  Any relation?

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:06 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6047







Franks Tanks wrote:
Nice finds guys. Per rivals we have a list starting, but it is a bit inaccurate as UL-Lafayette recruits are showing up. If the kid is from Miss, Louisiana, or Alabama just assume he is a UL-Lafayette recruit.

To find the list go to the rivals page and click on the "database" link. From there you can search by school. For some reason the link in the browser is inaccurate when I copy & paste.


This Robert Garcia kid is a perfect example of the space we can now play in with scholarships. He has offers from Lafayette and Lehigh as well as Air Force, Iowa State, Ohio, and Florida Atlantic. We may not land this kid in particular, but if we can get just a few kids like him per class our talent level will increase significantly.


http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/foot..._ylt=Aj8ZohTEZ3JTshq1z_MqVZtIPZB4


Yeah, the first FL listing looks like a La-Laf, too, so we have 5 listed.  For comparison, Lehigh has 27.  Not that it means much, but that's been the case in recent years.  We were told 80-something at the spring game, for some reason our kids just dont make it to Rivals very often.

We have one kid listed on Scout.com, another reach kid who also list BC, Rutgers, etc. LU with 6 listed, 2 already committed elsewhere.

On ESPN Insiders, we and Taunters both list Parker Clonts, no one else.

Seen, not sure if the current Yocum of interest is related to our former player, Lucas Yocum who hailed from State College. No longer enrolled here.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:17 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6047







Yocum to Delaware.

Incoming frosh Bencsko, Keller (DE not TE) and Zateveski in NJ N-S All-Star game tonight at Kean. Bencsko and Keller were mentioned in today's Ledger as "Players To Watch."

PLAYERS TO WATCH

NORTH

Defense:

Dennis Bencsko, LB, Delbarton
No matter the situation, Benckso was a force at inside linebacker for Delbarton, a Non-Public, Group 3 finalist. The 6-foot-0, 215-pound Bencsko had 104 tackles, including 23 for loss. He was equally adept at creating havoc in pass defense with 13 sacks and four interceptions. Bencsko was a Star-Ledger First Team All-State selection and is committed to play for Lafayette College.


SOUTH

DEFENSE:

Others to watch: DB Larry Alston III, Matawan; DL Brian Keller, Triton; DB Jevon Tyree, South Brunswick.

http://www.nj.com/hssports/blog/f...tar_football_classic_preview.html

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:11 am

RichHView user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1194







Scouting ohio is a pay site thru the summer for some reason.  Crying or Very sad Pa still free

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Bogus MegapardusView user's profile






Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 5866


Location: The Psphere of Pardsvillian Punditry





Andy wrote:
Bencsko was a Star-Ledger First Team All-State selection and is committed to play for Lafayette College.


I don't know the young man, but any First Team All-State from Delbarton is a solid get.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Pard4LifeView user's profile






Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 3431







A first-team all-state NJ committment is a tremendous score.  We used to grab maybe one once in awhile or at least be a finalist on the players' lists.  I think Blake Costanzo was one.  

A few go on to play FCS but often list CAA and now NEC teams.  The PL has to be in the mix now.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:56 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6047







http://scoutingpa.com/index.php/v...le&user=651&name=jviviano

Viviano offered by most of the PL and some top Ivy.


Scouting Ohio shows us as having offered a player in June, however, that site now limits names to subscribers.  Bummer.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:15 am

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6047







Fordham's second commit for 2013 seems impressive :

Marlon Crook  LB.   6-4   215 claims a 4.5/40.   Over offers from Harvard,  UMASS, Ohio.     Rivals.com.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:49 am

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6047







Lakota West senior linebackerMike Kelly was offered by Lafayette College this morning, according to Lakota West coach Larry Cox.

Kelly, who is 6 feet 1 and 215 pounds, has also received an endorsement of application from Princeton University, Cox said.Kelly has a 3.9 grade-point average. He will also play some tight for Lakota West this season, Cox said.

Mike is the son of Dave and Ann Kelly and the brother of former Lakota West standout and current University of Alabama offensive lineman Ryan Kelly.


http://cincinnati.com/blogs/recru...is-first-scholarship-offer-today/

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:39 am

Pard4LifeView user's profile






Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 3431







Andy wrote:
Lakota West senior linebackerMike Kelly was offered by Lafayette College this morning, according to Lakota West coach Larry Cox.

Kelly, who is 6 feet 1 and 215 pounds, has also received an endorsement of application from Princeton University, Cox said.Kelly has a 3.9 grade-point average. He will also play some tight for Lakota West this season, Cox said.

Mike is the son of Dave and Ann Kelly and the brother of former Lakota West standout and current University of Alabama offensive lineman Ryan Kelly.


http://cincinnati.com/blogs/recru...is-first-scholarship-offer-today/


It would be surprising if he chose Lafayette.  Princeton, though terrible, is a great draw and I'm sure he must be tempted by the hometown Bengals connection of their head coach.  However, if he wants to win now, he will come to LC.
_________________
"Win, but be careful not to win too much. It's not healthy for our institution." - Lafayette Athletics Mission Statement

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:37 am

DaveRView user's profile






Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 367







Pard4Life wrote:
Andy wrote:
Lakota West senior linebackerMike Kelly was offered by Lafayette College this morning, according to Lakota West coach Larry Cox.

Kelly, who is 6 feet 1 and 215 pounds, has also received an endorsement of application from Princeton University, Cox said.Kelly has a 3.9 grade-point average. He will also play some tight for Lakota West this season, Cox said.

Mike is the son of Dave and Ann Kelly and the brother of former Lakota West standout and current University of Alabama offensive lineman Ryan Kelly.


http://cincinnati.com/blogs/recru...is-first-scholarship-offer-today/


It would be surprising if he chose Lafayette. Princeton, though terrible, is a great draw and I'm sure he must be tempted by the hometown Bengals connection of their head coach. However, if he wants to win now, he will come to LC.

Stranger things have happend.  If Marlon Crook can choose Fordham over Harvard (see Andy's post above), why can't someone choose Lafayette over Princeton?  Even though Princeton has a very generous financial aid policy, we can now counter that by offering a full scholarship.  For low-need families, who cannot afford to totally ignore cost (i.e. upper middle class), it may be a differentiator for us.
_________________
BEAT LEHIGH!!!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:57 am

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6047







DaveR wrote:
Pard4Life wrote:
Andy wrote:
Lakota West senior linebackerMike Kelly was offered by Lafayette College this morning, according to Lakota West coach Larry Cox.

Kelly, who is 6 feet 1 and 215 pounds, has also received an endorsement of application from Princeton University, Cox said.Kelly has a 3.9 grade-point average. He will also play some tight for Lakota West this season, Cox said.

Mike is the son of Dave and Ann Kelly and the brother of former Lakota West standout and current University of Alabama offensive lineman Ryan Kelly.


http://cincinnati.com/blogs/recru...is-first-scholarship-offer-today/


It would be surprising if he chose Lafayette. Princeton, though terrible, is a great draw and I'm sure he must be tempted by the hometown Bengals connection of their head coach. However, if he wants to win now, he will come to LC.

Stranger things have happend. If Marlon Crook can choose Fordham over Harvard (see Andy's post above), why can't someone choose Lafayette over Princeton? Even though Princeton has a very generous financial aid policy, we can now counter that by offering a full scholarship. For low-need families, who cannot afford to totally ignore cost (i.e. upper middle class), it may be a differentiator for us.


That's it, the 10 or20 grand per year may be the deciding factor.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:01 pm

Franks TanksView user's profile






Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 3273







DaveR wrote:
Pard4Life wrote:
Andy wrote:
Lakota West senior linebackerMike Kelly was offered by Lafayette College this morning, according to Lakota West coach Larry Cox.

Kelly, who is 6 feet 1 and 215 pounds, has also received an endorsement of application from Princeton University, Cox said.Kelly has a 3.9 grade-point average. He will also play some tight for Lakota West this season, Cox said.

Mike is the son of Dave and Ann Kelly and the brother of former Lakota West standout and current University of Alabama offensive lineman Ryan Kelly.


http://cincinnati.com/blogs/recru...is-first-scholarship-offer-today/


It would be surprising if he chose Lafayette. Princeton, though terrible, is a great draw and I'm sure he must be tempted by the hometown Bengals connection of their head coach. However, if he wants to win now, he will come to LC.

Stranger things have happend. If Marlon Crook can choose Fordham over Harvard (see Andy's post above), why can't someone choose Lafayette over Princeton? Even though Princeton has a very generous financial aid policy, we can now counter that by offering a full scholarship. For low-need families, who cannot afford to totally ignore cost (i.e. upper middle class), it may be a differentiator for us.


This has been an often discussed scenario, and this may be our first test case.  Will this young man select a full ride from Lafayette over paying 10-20k per year at Princeton (guess of course)?

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:22 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6047







Campers I'm following to see if offers materialize:

Amos Campbell  OL/DL  6-2  270  Montclair

Malik Valentine RB/DB 5-7  155 Montclair-Beard

Mitch Wagner WR/DB  Williamsville East

Connor Jacobs QB/LB 6-2  210 Corning

Anthony Rizzolo  DL/OL  6-1 285  Watchung Hills

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:04 pm

Pard4LifeView user's profile






Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 3431







Andy wrote:
Campers I'm following to see if offers materialize:

Amos Campbell OL/DL 6-2 270 Montclair

Malik Valentine RB/DB 5-7 155 Montclair-Beard

Mitch Wagner WR/DB Williamsville East

Connor Jacobs QB/LB 6-2 210 Corning

Anthony Rizzolo DL/OL 6-1 285 Watchung Hills


Good thing to note in the scholarship era is that we will hopefully be seeing more All-State NJ kids.   It's impossible to qualify for significant need-based aid if you come from New Jersey if you do not have financial challenges.
_________________
"Win, but be careful not to win too much. It's not healthy for our institution." - Lafayette Athletics Mission Statement

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:25 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6047







Pard4Life wrote:
Andy wrote:
Campers I'm following to see if offers materialize:

Amos Campbell OL/DL 6-2 270 Montclair

Malik Valentine RB/DB 5-7 155 Montclair-Beard

Mitch Wagner WR/DB Williamsville East

Connor Jacobs QB/LB 6-2 210 Corning

Anthony Rizzolo DL/OL 6-1 285 Watchung Hills


Good thing to note in the scholarship era is that we will hopefully be seeing more All-State NJ kids. It's impossible to qualify for significant need-based aid if you come from New Jersey if you do not have financial challenges.


Agreed, Coach talked about being able to go after kids in the middle ground of family income, NJ is in play again!

Another:

Billy Bishop OL. 6-4 280  Iona Prep #77


www.youtube.com/watch?v=u16CE_yyuiM&feature=youtu.be

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:50 am

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6047







Offers:

Cornwall OL Connor Staudle (6-6, 250) has been offered a full ride by Lafayette. He already has an offer from Albany. (Justin Rodriguez, Times Herald Record)

Reply with quote
  
Reply to topic Page 1 of 35
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
 Previous Thread | Next Thread 

Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

The time now is Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:05 am

phpvBB - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum - Top - MODs

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Visit Justinsanity.net for all your phpvBB needs.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum