Archive for Lafayette Sports Fan Forum This forum is not affiliated in any way with Lafayette College, Lafayette College Athletics, The Maroon Club or any other official organization. Please be respectful of other posters as well as the athletes, coaches and administrators.
 


       Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index -> Men's Lacrosse
Bogus Megapardus

Colgate 14, Lafayette 9

Pards play in Hamilton tonight at 7:00 PM.  There does not seem to be any way to watch this game on line, but it's on Time-Warner cable.

One more win and the Pards are in the PL tournament for the first time.  Army and Navy are in already.  Colgate ripped Lehigh to pieces last out, while Holy Cross took Lafayette to overtime.  Then again, Holy Cross beat Colgate.  We shall see . . .

The last two (Army and Lehigh) are supposed to be played at Fisher.  They are closely-spaced games (4/20 and 4/24).  The Leopards will need all they can muster.
seenalot

Not that your next game isnt always the most important game in any sport, but tonite is key.  They need it to wrap up a spot, they need it to stay in the Top 25 - falling out of that would not help to justify (if it was justified) the earlier season ranking and they need it for confidence going into the last 2.

Go Pards!
cr

Re: Lafayette @ Colgate

Bogus Megapardus wrote:
Pards play in Hamilton tonight at 7:00 PM.  There does not seem to be any way to watch this game on line, but it's on Time-Warner cable.

One more win and the Pards are in the PL tournament for the first time.  Army and Navy are in already.  Colgate ripped Lehigh to pieces last out, while Holy Cross took Lafayette to overtime.  Then again, Holy Cross beat Colgate.  We shall see . . .

The last two (Army and Lehigh) are supposed to be played at Fisher.  They are closely-spaced games (4/20 and 4/24).  The Leopards will need all they can muster.


I think you can see the game on Colgate all-access for a fee.
Bogus Megapardus

3-0 Pards very early in the game.


4-4 at the half.  Pards came out fast, but . . . . .
Lafalum

Down by two in the third.....need a spurt here!!
Andy

http://network.laxpower.com/laxforum/updates/updates.php?game_ID=2951

down 8-4 at one point, 8-7 last update.
Andy

http://livestats.internetconsult.com/colgate/mlax/index.htm

another site, down by 4, 3 mins left.
Pard Promise

lost 14-9. Beat Army!
Bogus Megapardus

Not their best game - but I have faith in these guys.  Let's put on a show at Fisher.
seenalot

...very disappointing loss.  Going to need two big wins to crawl back into top 25 and validate the season.  Gut check time.
bison137

If nothing else, LC did lock up a spot in the PL tourney due to LU's loss to BU.    If LU had won and then LC had lost to Army, the LU-LC game could have been for a spot in the tournament.   Now LU is out.
Bogus Megapardus

Pards will drop way out of the top 20 when the polls come out Monday morning.  Bucknell's win over Lehigh tonight  should put the Bison in the top 20.

Also, I could be wrong, but I think the Lehigh loss tonight means that the Pards have backed into the PL tourney.  Lehigh and HC are out with 4 losses each; Bucknell is yet to play Colgate so one of them will have 4 losses, so the tourney should be Army, Navy, Lafayette and the winner of the Colgate/Bucknell game.  Pards can still host the tourney if they beat Army and Lehigh and if Holy Cross or Navy beats Army.  This is entirely unscientific.

EDIT:  OK I just saw Bison137's post and he seems to agree.
bison137

Bogus Megapardus wrote:
 Pards can still host the tourney if they beat Army and Lehigh and if Holy Cross or Navy beats Army.  This is entirely unscientific.



I'm pretty sure LC would host if you win the last two, regardless of whether anyone else beats Army.   LC would end up in a tie with the winner of Army-Navy and would hold the head-to-head tiebreaker over both of them.
Bogus Megapardus

bison137 wrote:
I'm pretty sure LC would host if you win the last two, regardless of whether anyone else beats Army.   LC would end up in a tie with the winner of Army-Navy and would hold the head-to-head tiebreaker over both of them.


I like bison137's version better.

Still shoulda won tonight, though.  Fast out of the block, then defensive meltdown.

       Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index -> Men's Lacrosse
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum