Archive for Lafayette Sports Fan Forum This forum is not affiliated in any way with Lafayette College, Lafayette College Athletics, The Maroon Club or any other official organization. Please be respectful of other posters as well as the athletes, coaches and administrators.
 


       Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index -> Recruiting Thread
carney2

Darius Glover, OL/DL

According to LFN's blog, Darius Glover, 6'2", 240 OL/DL from Delaware Valley High School via Mercersburg Academy has committed to Lafayette.  Indications are that he is more of a DL than an OL.
Andy

Re: Darius Glover, OL/DL

carney2 wrote:
According to LFN's blog, Darius Glover, 6'2", 240 OL/DL from Delaware Valley High School via Mercersburg Academy has committed to Lafayette.  Indications are that he is more of a DL than an OL.


Sounds good, c2. No link for commit?
carney2

Here's the "link:"

http://lehighfootballnation.blogs...dition-patriot-league-commit.html

It's LFN's blog.  You need to scroll down into the comments section.
Andy

I cant find a confirmation of this player's commitment, but he apparently was sent to prep school by Temple:

Darius Glover has opened eyes among the Blue Storm staff. He came to Mercersburg from Delaware Valley High School and played in the East-West All-Star game in Altoona this summer.
The 6-2, 240-pound left guard/defensive end should be a terror on both sides of the ball.

"He was referred to us by Temple because they want to take another look at him," Walker said. "He's already receiving a bunch of attention. He's been impressive so far. He's a heck of a player."

http://www.gametimepa.com/fbpreview09/ci_13258837
carney2

Andy wrote:
I cant find a confirmation of this player's commitment, but he apparently was sent to prep school by Temple:

Darius Glover has opened eyes among the Blue Storm staff. He came to Mercersburg from Delaware Valley High School and played in the East-West All-Star game in Altoona this summer.
The 6-2, 240-pound left guard/defensive end should be a terror on both sides of the ball.

"He was referred to us by Temple because they want to take another look at him," Walker said. "He's already receiving a bunch of attention. He's been impressive so far. He's a heck of a player."

http://www.gametimepa.com/fbpreview09/ci_13258837


I am a little embarrassed that I posted this.  It is from a "Comment" appended to one of LFN's blogs by "Anonymous."  One of the shakiest "commits" ever posted on this site.  Oh well, we'll know in 2 days.

Anyone else getting the feeling that this might - just might - be one of those once in a lifetime recruiting classes?  If the coaches throw a top QB (not just a body) on the pile, I'm sold.
Pard94

It does indeed seem to be shaping up to be a great class. That being said...whose "the name"? It has been a while since we've had a name like Marsh or to a lesser extent McCourt or glavich that really creates a lot of buzz. I think Eachus was the last marquis name I can recall coming out of HS. Is there one this year? If so are we in play?

Of course I'll take 25 good to great recruits as opposed to 1 stud surrounded by 24 average to good recruits. I hope that's what's happening this year.
Andy

Pard94 wrote:
It does indeed seem to be shaping up to be a great class. That being said...whose "the name"? It has been a while since we've had a name like Marsh or to a lesser extent McCourt or glavich that really creates a lot of buzz. I think Eachus was the last marquis name I can recall coming out of HS. Is there one this year? If so are we in play?

Of course I'll take 25 good to great recruits as opposed to 1 stud surrounded by 24 average to good recruits. I hope that's what's happening this year.


Need to see some playmakers for the offense besides Mputu.   Looking for a quality QB and a WR or two.

       Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index -> Recruiting Thread
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum