Archive for Lafayette Sports Fan Forum This forum is not affiliated in any way with Lafayette College, Lafayette College Athletics, The Maroon Club or any other official organization. Please be respectful of other posters as well as the athletes, coaches and administrators.
 


       Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index -> Women's Basketball
Lafalum

Fordham win

Nice win at Fordham. We need to protect the ball better but we showed good heart in staying in it and getting the win .
The Maroon

Re: Fordham win

Lafalum wrote:
Nice win at Fordham. We need to protect the ball better but we showed good heart in staying in it and getting the win .


NICE

Rule 1 of hosting a tournament is scheduling what you think is a beatable opponent to ensure you make it to the finals. Looks like they picked the wrong patsy.  To beat them in that God-forsaken pit they call a gym is a nice bonus.
Andy

Very encouraging win. Fordham was 7-4.  Nice job!
carney2

Will play the winner of the Colorado State (3-7) vs. Providence (3-8 ) game tomorrow for the championship.  And some genius, as Maroon pointed out, figured that we were the worst of this lot.  Must be a strength of schedule thing.

5-7 for the Pards isn't setting the world on fire, but we have wins over a Big East and an A-10 team.  It's something to build on.

Oh yeah, Buffalo137 is seriously invited to keep his nose out of this conversation and not stick yet another pin in one of our very few bubbles.
Lafalum

Re: Fordham win

The Maroon wrote:
Lafalum wrote:
Nice win at Fordham. We need to protect the ball better but we showed good heart in staying in it and getting the win .


NICE

Rule 1 of hosting a tournament is scheduling what you think is a beatable opponent to ensure you make it to the finals. Looks like they picked the wrong patsy.  To beat them in that God-forsaken pit they call a gym is a nice bonus.


I have never been to Fordham but from the feed it looked like the old Alumni Gym.
The Maroon

carney2 wrote:
Will play the winner of the Colorado State (3-7) vs. Providence (3-8 ) game tomorrow for the championship.  And some genius, as Maroon pointed out, figured that we were the worst of this lot.  Must be a strength of schedule thing.

5-7 for the Pards isn't setting the world on fire, but we have wins over a Big East and an A-10 team.  It's something to build on.

Oh yeah, Buffalo137 is seriously invited to keep his nose out of this conversation and not stick yet another pin in one of our very few bubbles.


Agreed.  No need to tell us how bad Fordham is on some computer model.
bison137

The Maroon wrote:
carney2 wrote:
Will play the winner of the Colorado State (3-7) vs. Providence (3-8 ) game tomorrow for the championship.  And some genius, as Maroon pointed out, figured that we were the worst of this lot.  Must be a strength of schedule thing.

5-7 for the Pards isn't setting the world on fire, but we have wins over a Big East and an A-10 team.  It's something to build on.

Oh yeah, Buffalo137 is seriously invited to keep his nose out of this conversation and not stick yet another pin in one of our very few bubbles.


Agreed.  No need to tell us how bad Fordham is on some computer model.



Actually Fordham is significantly better than Pitt.   It's a good win for LC, who went in as a double digit underdog.
carney2

bison137 wrote:
Actually Fordham is significantly better than Pitt.   It's a good win for LC, who went in as a double digit underdog.


Condescension does not become you.
carney2

Providence 71, Colorado State 53 so the Pards play another Big East team tomorrow at 3:00.
edmc2416

Happy to see the ladies win in the ancient barn on the Fordham campus.
The Maroon

carney2 wrote:
bison137 wrote:
Actually Fordham is significantly better than Pitt.   It's a good win for LC, who went in as a double digit underdog.


Condescension does not become you.


LOL - he's a great source, just rains on our parade every once in a while.

I think this is our best win to date. I hate that damn gym.

Interesting starting line-up using O'Hare, Macklin and Freeland at the same time with Loughney relegated to giving rests. It seemed like one of last years downfalls was a lack of a clear identity. I hope that doesn't happen this year. Our performance down the stretch last year was abysmal.
Lafalum

The Maroon wrote:
carney2 wrote:
bison137 wrote:
Actually Fordham is significantly better than Pitt.   It's a good win for LC, who went in as a double digit underdog.


Condescension does not become you.


LOL - he's a great source, just rains on our parade every once in a while.

I think this is our best win to date. I hate that damn gym.

Interesting starting line-up using O'Hare, Macklin and Freeland at the same time with Loughney relegated to giving rests. It seemed like one of last years downfalls was a lack of a clear identity. I hope that doesn't happen this year. Our performance down the stretch last year was abysmal.


25 turnovers...we must do better
Xboreturns

I thought we were making progress in TOs but I guess not. I think Loghney is still recovering from her illness.
Refrider

Did anyone else took note that Danielle took a three point shot!
carney2

The Providence game is listed as a 3:30 tip off with Lafayette listed as the home team.
Xboreturns

Providence won the championship game 66-54. Fiacco had 15, Freeland 12, Homan & Macklin 10 each.  Another 25 TO game.
edmc2416

And only 54 points.

       Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index -> Women's Basketball
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum