Archive for Lafayette Sports Fan Forum This forum is not affiliated in any way with Lafayette College, Lafayette College Athletics, The Maroon Club or any other official organization. Please be respectful of other posters as well as the athletes, coaches and administrators.
 


       Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index -> Men's Lacrosse
seenalot

One last chance

Would like to see is put a hurt on Lehigh tomorrow and have a good fan turnout for same.   Time to crank up a grill and pop a few.  Anyone heading out there?
Bogus Megapardus

Re: One last chance

seenalot wrote:
Would like to see is put a hurt on Lehigh tomorrow and have a good fan turnout for same.   Time to crank up a grill and pop a few.  Anyone heading out there?


Yep.  Will be there.
Lafalum

I had plans but the two changes in time did me in, with the Mrs. Unfortunately, committed for the evening.
seenalot

What a waste.  Some soul searching needed to see what turned such a promising season that bad in the end.   Hard to figure a team that can put that many rocks in the back of the net so quickly, but does not do it untl the end of a game when backed against a wall.    

Not sure anyone else was there but I missed the call (back turned talking to son) that turned the ball over to LU at the end of the game. Was lots of jumping up and down on sideline, but it never should have come to the point of OT anyway.
Pard4Life

With the way we have been in a free fall, it seems that many of us out there are not to excited about the PL tournament.  While it is a great accomplishment for our program, momentum is definetely against us.  Navy has been strong as of late... and revenge surely is on their mind after we embarassed them at Metzger.
Lafalum

I would have rather played Army in the first game and we would have the revenge factor. Navy will be tough
seenalot

Keys to the game:

1.  Faceoffs - I have not looked, but sense stats here are WAY off what they were in first 2/3 of year.  For those of you who don't follow the sport this is an enormous deal in lax - think of it as having a jump ball after every basket in BB and your guy is 7'4" - you are going to get more shots.

2.  Ball movement and cutters on offense - if we slow it down and toss it around the perimeter for too long - like we did at LU, we are hosed.  We need to be more agressive earlier in the game.   We have weapons, they have to be shooters.

3.  Clearance - we had some problems with LU.  Navy middies are bigger and will hassle us more.

If the take Navy - and not sure they can - I think the championship is w/in a very reasonable grasp.  Would prefer to see Army there - think we match up better than vs BU.
Lafalum

I would add we need to be much more aggressive around the cage on defense...we need those turnovers as other teams have learned to play slow down against us. Perhaps a nice body check to make those attack players here some foot steps!!!
Pard4Life

seenalot wrote:
Keys to the game:

1.  Faceoffs - I have not looked, but sense stats here are WAY off what they were in first 2/3 of year.  For those of you who don't follow the sport this is an enormous deal in lax - think of it as having a jump ball after every basket in BB and your guy is 7'4" - you are going to get more shots.

2.  Ball movement and cutters on offense - if we slow it down and toss it around the perimeter for too long - like we did at LU, we are hosed.  We need to be more agressive earlier in the game.   We have weapons, they have to be shooters.

3.  Clearance - we had some problems with LU.  Navy middies are bigger and will hassle us more.

If the take Navy - and not sure they can - I think the championship is w/in a very reasonable grasp.  Would prefer to see Army there - think we match up better than vs BU.


Looking back, faceoffs is the main reason why we lost the Drexel game.
seenalot

Not sure what the issue is there but it hurt us at LU too - some almost seemed uncontested w/ a preference for going at the stick and an immediate turnover (which to their credit happened on occasion).  

And to Lafalum's point, being a bit more physical w/o picking up the silly cross checks would be nice to see.
Lafalum

Army /BU

4;59 Army leads 8-7 after being down 4-0. Army is much more physical.



9-7 1:51 off an unusual ground ball pass
Army win

5:45 start for Lafayette/Navy


Navy coming out determined to put a hit on our guys.
3-1 us at the first quarter, we need to step it up

Navy looking a little sloppy

score by navy 3-2 we level the shooter 11:06

goal by Serling between the legs 4-2 10:10

Lafayette man up on hit from behind Navy taking every opportunity to level our offense

Perrini takes a big hit ...time out 6:50

goal Mersky 6:25

Dipasquale playing great

goal Perini 6-2 underhand shot

1:30 our ball
perrini slammed again

extra man
lucky save by navy
half time 6-2


Navy gets extra man goal
another goal off the face off 6-4
need to tough here
Navy penalty 12:50

OH s--- we put the ball in our own goal Damn!!! 6-5

6-6 8:41


we have an extra man an now lost it on the shot come on hustle

goal navy
lost the face off 7-6 Navy 5 goal run

Baur hurt ...when are we going to retaliate

Serling out too

7-7 1:30

8 38  left still tied Navy time out

Navy goal on extra man 7:39

Navy goal 6:36
looking grim

Navy goal up by three we're cooked
Lafalum

I don't usually do this but maybe bogus megapardus can answer if he watched the game. It seemed to me that Navy was doing a lot a high checking. Is that a characteristic of the modern game? It looked to me that navy was purposely going to the face even one handed from behind. It was called a couple of times but it seemed more deliberate to me. It was worrisome since they did take out our two best players "coincidently"
Andy

Lafalum wrote:
I don't usually do this but maybe bogus megapardus can answer if he watched the game. It seemed to me that Navy was doing a lot a high checking. Is that a characteristic of the modern game? It looked to me that navy was purposely going to the face even one handed from behind. It was called a couple of times but it seemed more deliberate to me. It was worrisome since they did take out our two best players "coincidently"


I was interested, too, in what the TV commentators had to say about the helmet to face mask blow to Bauer on the far sideline.  Cheap shot, but allowed?  The parents seemed very upset with the officiating. (knowledgeable fans as opposed to me)

Other than that, the kids play hard (I was at five or six games) but seem to make too many unforced errors and 2 more offsides (crucial one vs LU, too).

Question now is where does the program go from here?  These seniors have left the program in a lot better shape than when they arrived.

       Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index -> Men's Lacrosse
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum