Archive for Lafayette Sports Fan Forum This forum is not affiliated in any way with Lafayette College, Lafayette College Athletics, The Maroon Club or any other official organization. Please be respectful of other posters as well as the athletes, coaches and administrators.
 


       Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index -> Women's Basketball
ed65

Robert Morris

The team was out rebounded and had an incredible 27 Turnovers tonight. Maia Hood had a solid game.  That was pretty much it.  Disappointing, to say the least.
The Maroon

Coach Grentz seems to be pretty ticked too:

http://www.goleopards.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/111616aab.html
The Maroon

The Maroon wrote:
Coach Grentz seems to be pretty ticked too:

http://www.goleopards.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/111616aab.html


"We can't pass the ball and we can't shoot it. We get that fixed, we got a shot."
Andy

The Maroon wrote:
The Maroon wrote:
Coach Grentz seems to be pretty ticked too:

http://www.goleopards.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/111616aab.html


"We can't pass the ball and we can't shoot it. We get that fixed, we got a shot."


I stopped going to the games a few years back; the TO's were just too painful to watch. I guess nothing has changed. Glad the coach shows some anger.
Kpard

Andy wrote:
The Maroon wrote:
The Maroon wrote:
Coach Grentz seems to be pretty ticked too:

http://www.goleopards.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/111616aab.html


"We can't pass the ball and we can't shoot it. We get that fixed, we got a shot."


I stopped going to the games a few years back; the TO's were just too painful to watch. I guess nothing has changed. Glad the coach shows some anger.


I just don't understand why you cannot take care of the ball. OK, some defenses may give you a problem now and then, but, 25+ game in and game out is just mind numbing.
SixtyEighter

The Robert Morris game  reflects the weakness of our program. They were so quick compared to our players that they were able to anticipate the perimeter passes and the passes from the perimeter to the inside and intercept them. We were so flummoxed that we couldn't even inbound the ball. I believe we had 3 turnovers where our inbounder lost the ball for being unable to inbound the ball in 5 seconds.They covered our players that well on the court.It was a total domination.I think they had 7 steals if I remember correctly and they out rebounded us.The Coach Grentz was interviewed last night at half time of the men's game and was lamenting the culture of being satisfied to play hard and lose . She told Mike Joseph, I believe , that "Dammit , it's not OK to play hard and lose ." She also said that it was really  hard  to break open that culture.She needs to tell that to FT because he says after every loss how proud he is that the team played hard and never gave up.Nevertheless we lose every week. A review of the Morning Call story on tomorrow's LC-LU game shows just how terrible  the football team has become. The comparative scores show that except for 1or2 exceptions we were blown out by teams with losing records. OOps there goes the excuse that we are losing because our schedule has so many tough programs on it.Sorry to go on a rant and mix sports but this  is relevant to the entire situation.
Kpard

SixtyEighter wrote:
The Robert Morris game  reflects the weakness of our program. They were so quick compared to our players that they were able to anticipate the perimeter passes and the passes from the perimeter to the inside and intercept them. We were so flummoxed that we couldn't even inbound the ball. I believe we had 3 turnovers where our inbounder lost the ball for being unable to inbound the ball in 5 seconds.They covered our players that well on the court.It was a total domination.I think they had 7 steals if I remember correctly and they out rebounded us.The Coach Grentz was interviewed last night at half time of the men's game and was lamenting the culture of being satisfied to play hard and lose . She told Mike Joseph, I believe , that "Dammit , it's not OK to play hard and lose ." She also said that it was really  hard  to break open that culture.She needs to tell that to FT because he says after every loss how proud he is that the team played hard and never gave up.Nevertheless we lose every week. A review of the Morning Call story on tomorrow's LC-LU game shows just how terrible  the football team has become. The comparative scores show that except for 1or2 exceptions we were blown out by teams with losing records. OOps there goes the excuse that we are losing because our schedule has so many tough programs on it.Sorry to go on a rant and mix sports but this  is relevant to the entire situation.


Hopefully the "culture" doesn't break Coach G!
Ransom Stoddard

Just listened to the UTC vs Lafayette game - the first game of the team's games at this weekend's Hall of Fame Women's Challenge.  We were down 37 -32 at the half, only because Ptasinski got red hot in the fist half and scored 17 points (Hood had 7 1st half points; no one else had more than 2).  We lost the game 68 - 43.  Outscored 31 - 11 in the 2nd half.  Cut down TOs to 16 (to UTC's 7), but out-rebounded 45 - 31.  I know UTC is a real deal team, but it was still awful.
ed65

The team got clobbered by Chattanooga - could not score 50 points.  Sippa did not score at all.  This game proved that with the rotations Coach has been running, that it will be a long, long season.  I wish I knew basketball better (never really played it competitively) and could have more insight into what is wrong.  They will get absolutely slaughtered by Louisville today.  I think Coach and Bruce might have been a little too aggressive with the scheduling.
SixtyEighter

We have to have patience and see how it works out in the long run. The freshmen have to settle in . We need to see what the team looks like in January  and February.I admit it's really difficult in view of the systemic lack of success for the entire department.We who follow the teams closely have been too patient and optimistic way too long.
Lafalum

SixtyEighter wrote:
We have to have patience and see how it works out in the long run. The freshmen have to settle in . We need to see what the team looks like in January  and February.I admit it's really difficult in view of the systemic lack of success for the entire department.We who follow the teams closely have been too patient and optimistic way too long.


Agreed, patience is at an end. I like the idea of the study, but I only want to see good outcomes not just hope!
NewXbo

Lost today 92-48 to Louisville.

       Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index -> Women's Basketball
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum