Archive for Lafayette Sports Fan Forum This forum is not affiliated in any way with Lafayette College, Lafayette College Athletics, The Maroon Club or any other official organization. Please be respectful of other posters as well as the athletes, coaches and administrators.
 


       Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index -> Recruiting Thread
Pard94

So as of right now...

...these are the new Leopards taking the field. And i'm guessing we maybe have half...

TRANSFERS

Andrew Anastor  OL
Tyler McFarlane DB

OFFENSE

Marcellus Irving RB/WR
Brandon Hall TE
Morgan Donohue TE
J.D. Dzurko OL
Pat Crosby OL
Darius Glover, OL/DL
Brad Bormann OL/DL
Patrick Mputu RB

DEFENSE

Tyler Robinson SS/OLB
Matt Haugh LB
Jake Mc Tighe LB
Michael Boles LB
Paul Coleman DB
Luc Yocum OLB
seenalot

Is Glover now confirmed?
Andy

seenalot wrote:
Is Glover now confirmed?


Nothing that I've seen further confrirming Glover, Mcfarlane, or Coleman.

Those are all from message board posts which actually, over the years,  have had  about the same degree of accuracy as newsprint.  

BTW, 25 was the number we were hearing as far as expected class size.

McFarlane has a history of changing his mind apparently, but a proven commodity, he would be a home run.  

I will be disappointed now, after reading about Glover's ability, if we dont sign him.    He's in an odd place for media exposure.  An '09 HS grad and the HS is in the middle of nowhere-- west from civilization to Port Jervis and make a left--covered by the Times Herald Record of Middletown, NY, and then he went on to that gray area that is prep school.  Hopefully, we get a pleasant surprise tomorrow.
carney2

No big time QB in the pile yet.  Sad  Sad

It is worth noting that Lehigh's Clark and Lum were both 2-stars coming out of high school.  Personally, I am not impressed with Clark at all, and Lum was thrown to the wolves and failed.  The moral of this story is that you should never assume that the answer is in-house if it hasn't been proven.  IMO, this class cannot be stamped great without a quality QB
cr

Pards will get around 30.
Pard94

carney2 wrote:
No big time QB in the pile yet.  Sad  Sad

It is worth noting that Lehigh's Clark and Lum were both 2-stars coming out of high school.  Personally, I am not impressed with Clark at all, and Lum was thrown to the wolves and failed.  The moral of this story is that you should never assume that the answer is in-house if it hasn't been proven.  IMO, this class cannot be stamped great without a quality QB


Carney's glass is half empty...I'm shocked. I knew the euphoria of a "recruiting class of a lifetime" couldn't last.

Couple of points to consider....weren't the Lafayette QB's from the last two years "in house" solutions? In other words, they weren't Freshman phenoms...rather they were sophomores and juniors who waited their turns. And you mention Clark and Lum as the exapmples of 2-star QB's coming out of highschool who, for various reasons, have not impressed. Seems to me you are contradicting your own point. Do you want a "whiz bang" Freshman QB we can throw to the wolves such as Lehigh has done or would you prefer some talent we can develop and bring in a little later in their career? A little consistency in your argument might be in order here Carney. The heir apparant at the Leopard qb spot is a sophomore, no? Doesn't that give us one more year to land your stud QB so that he could take over in his sophomore year?

Come on Carney...do yourself a favor and go over our current list again. Cheer yourself up. I mean we've got a couple 6,7 and 6,6 TE's. We've got a 6,2 DB. We have 4 solid looking OLineman. We have numerous kids running 4.6 forties. Hell we evenn have a couple of FCS transfers in the mix!!! This could be a great class as is.
carney2

Pard94 wrote:
carney2 wrote:
No big time QB in the pile yet.  Sad  Sad

It is worth noting that Lehigh's Clark and Lum were both 2-stars coming out of high school.  Personally, I am not impressed with Clark at all, and Lum was thrown to the wolves and failed.  The moral of this story is that you should never assume that the answer is in-house if it hasn't been proven.  IMO, this class cannot be stamped great without a quality QB


Carney's glass is half empty...I'm shocked. I knew the euphoria of a "recruiting class of a lifetime" couldn't last.

Couple of points to consider....weren't the Lafayette QB's from the last two years "in house" solutions? In other words, they weren't Freshman phenoms...rather they were sophomores and juniors who waited their turns. And you mention Clark and Lum as the exapmples of 2-star QB's coming out of highschool who, for various reasons, have not impressed. Seems to me you are contradicting your own point. Do you want a "whiz bang" Freshman QB we can throw to the wolves such as Lehigh has done or would you prefer some talent we can develop and bring in a little later in their career? A little consistency in your argument might be in order here Carney. The heir apparant at the Leopard qb spot is a sophomore, no? Doesn't that give us one more year to land your stud QB so that he could take over in his sophomore year?

Come on Carney...do yourself a favor and go over our current list again. Cheer yourself up. I mean we've got a couple 6,7 and 6,6 TE's. We've got a 6,2 DB. We have 4 solid looking OLineman. We have numerous kids running 4.6 forties. Hell we evenn have a couple of FCS transfers in the mix!!! This could be a great class as is.


What you see as a "glass half empty" I view as the voice of reason.  I really object to the fairy dust that is sprinkled over each recruiting class in some sort of knee jerk fashion by all too many folks on this board.  They aren't necessarily great just because they've decided to join the long Maroon line.  Every year at this time we need a reality check and apparently, and unfortunately, I am all we have in this area.  If Dzurko has truly gone south (to Delaware) and we have no QUALITY QB, we have slipped a little in my opinion.

And now, back to that adorable curmudgeon that we all know and love...   Me.
Lafalum

I normally don't get into the recruit thing because in most years its boring.
We know really little about these guys and won't know a whole lot until they hit the field in August. However, this year especially on the offensive line I am seeing real difference makers for the years ahead. This is an outstanding class and some will be pushing for playing time. The transfers we are getting who will get springtime with us is a big help. I don't care about Fordham's scholarships we may be putting together one of the better classes in the PL.
seenalot

I'd concur with Carney - we lose Dzurko and the OL class drops off some.  The two kids Andy just posted are not bringing up much exciting on quick searches.   Curious to see what if anything Frank highlights at the "show".
Andy

seenalot wrote:
I'd concur with Carney - we lose Dzurko and the OL class drops off some.  The two kids Andy just posted are not bringing up much exciting on quick searches.   Curious to see what if anything Frank highlights at the "show".


The Cresskill kids brother plays for Coach Trox at F&M, so connection there. The 2nd player I havent checked yet, but I recall reading of interest, no offers from several schools. These guys could be freebies from Bergen County.

I agree w/ carney that we need to see a quality QB. I actually expect to see two.  Ortiz claimed offers from LC and Tauntin' Hawks.  They had another kid commit, so.....   Also, nothing on Bhaya. Our QB signings in the past, however, were not on the recruiting service lists, except for Bernhard.  So we could be surprised there.

Tracked a few big kids who were at the 2nd recruiting weekend, seems that they're from a city in the mid-west.  Keeping an eye out there. Looking forward to the show at 5p on all-access and carney's report after. (hopefully)
carney2

Andy wrote:
Looking forward to the show at 5p on all-access and carney's report after. (hopefully)


By the time I get my duff in front of a computer I expect that the complete list will be out there for all to see.  My meager input should therefore consist of opinions on Frank's body language and his relative enthusiasm about one or two recruits vs. the bulk of the others, or maybe some off camera goings on.  Unless you want some opinions on the food, I can't imagine what I will be able to add, particularly for those with All Access.

I have to say that I like this whole "Signing Day Party" thing.  It places Lafayette recruiting just a small notch higher than our competition, and will be something of a plus in future recruiting seasons.  Everyone else just throws out a press release when they think they're ready - or, as in the case of Georgetown, long after everyone has ceased caring.  It's just a little thing, but another example of why Frank is consistently in the hunt every February.
Andy

carney2 wrote:
Andy wrote:
Looking forward to the show at 5p on all-access and carney's report after. (hopefully)


By the time I get my duff in front of a computer I expect that the complete list will be out there for all to see.  My meager input should therefore consist of opinions on Frank's body language and his relative enthusiasm about one or two recruits vs. the bulk of the others, or maybe some off camera goings on.  Unless you want some opinions on the food, I can't imagine what I will be able to add, particularly for those with All Access.

I have to say that I like this whole "Signing Day Party" thing.  It places Lafayette recruiting just a small notch higher than our competition, and will be something of a plus in future recruiting seasons.  Everyone else just throws out a press release when they think they're ready - or, as in the case of Georgetown, long after everyone has ceased caring.  It's just a little thing, but another example of why Frank is consistently in the hunt every February.


Ortiz to william and mary.
carney2

Andy wrote:
I agree w/ carney that we need to see a quality QB. I actually expect to see two.  Ortiz claimed offers from LC and Tauntin' Hawks.  They had another kid commit, so.....   Also, nothing on Bhaya. Our QB signings in the past, however, were not on the recruiting service lists, except for Bernhard.  So we could be surprised there.


Of the incumbents, O'Neill and Quilling had no buzz, but Shoop was a recruited 2-star.
Andy

carney2 wrote:
Andy wrote:
I agree w/ carney that we need to see a quality QB. I actually expect to see two.  Ortiz claimed offers from LC and Tauntin' Hawks.  They had another kid commit, so.....   Also, nothing on Bhaya. Our QB signings in the past, however, were not on the recruiting service lists, except for Bernhard.  So we could be surprised there.


Of the incumbents, O'Neill and Quilling had no buzz, but Shoop was a recruited 2-star.


Absolutely, c2, what I meant was that they weren't  on OUR lists prior to signing day---Maurer, Curley, the trio, Schoop--surprises to us who rely on the lists.   And this fellow also fits that pattern.

       Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index -> Recruiting Thread
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum