2015 Football Recruiting - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum



Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index


Lafayette Sports Fan Forum > Recruiting Thread > 
--- 2015 Football Recruiting

Reply to topic

Must be logged in to watch topics

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:28 pm

Pard4LifeView user's profile






Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 3433







True sideliner it was a pass! I remember that first sequence well. It was so shocking that I started crying.  And then we beat ourselves.

 Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:18 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6156







Andy wrote:
Andy wrote:
Just a note of interest. Vandy offers Nova commit, Aaron Forbes.

Waiting on Ollis Robinson., LB GA. Gate and HC join the party.

Waiting on Dmitry Smith, offered. Has tweeted about playing with his friend, an OL. Friend is being recruited by HC.

Looking for confirmation on Lavel Ramsey.

How about Justin MaloneWoods?

Jacolby Maxwell?

Casey Barker to Coastal.

NewK Tillman to FAMU???


How bout Robinson as a "strike" in Coach Link's D?

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/485927/ollis-robinson


Tenacious recruitnik, LCLF, gives me a heads up that our old friend Ollis Robinson has tweeted his commitment to Pards. Ollis had a ton of early interest that seems to have disappeared. Good, cause now we have him!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:50 am

BillSView user's profile






Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 1019







Andy wrote:
Andy wrote:
Andy wrote:
Just a note of interest. Vandy offers Nova commit, Aaron Forbes.

Waiting on Ollis Robinson., LB GA. Gate and HC join the party.

Waiting on Dmitry Smith, offered. Has tweeted about playing with his friend, an OL. Friend is being recruited by HC.

Looking for confirmation on Lavel Ramsey.

How about Justin MaloneWoods?

Jacolby Maxwell?

Casey Barker to Coastal.

NewK Tillman to FAMU???


How bout Robinson as a "strike" in Coach Link's D?

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/485927/ollis-robinson


Tenacious recruitnik, LCLF, gives me a heads up that our old friend Ollis Robinson has tweeted his commitment to Pards. Ollis had a ton of early interest that seems to have disappeared. Good, cause now we have him!
I like this kid a lot but is he a LB or SS? Roster now stands at 90. Opps make that 91 another walkon added Troy Dixon Loyola HS Los  Angeles.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:48 pm

NE LeopardView user's profile






Joined: 02 Sep 2014
Posts: 178







Here is the Patsy Ratings for our 2019 Class:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogs...tsy-ratings-lafayettes-class.html

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:56 am

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6156







Story of one of our first commitments, OLB Andrew Chuma:

http://www.theridgefieldpress.com...g-process-ends-happily-for-chuma/

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:13 am

BillSView user's profile






Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 1019







NE Leopard wrote:
Here is the Patsy Ratings for our 2019 Class:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogs...tsy-ratings-lafayettes-class.html
patsy ratings are garbage they are made by LFN RichH and there good friend Carney ugh

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:47 am

carney2View user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5447


Location: Allentown, PA





BillS wrote:
patsy ratings are garbage they are made by LFN RichH and there good friend Carney ugh


Ya just can't argue with a well stated and logical in depth argument.

By the way, RichH and ChuckB (LFN), where are we meeting for burgers and beers after the (Lehigh) spring game?
_________________
New Coach = New Attitude = New Game = HOPE!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:13 am

RichHView user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1211







Boy,you do love to poke the bear SmileSmile. Tired of explaining Patsys. Understand Bill wants it to be something that it cannot be.  Oh well. Most enjoy them for what they are. If he can conjure up a more objective criteria for our recruiting classes more power to him. It is the best method to measure the potential of these classes now. It does not measure,nor can it, what these players will be 2-3 years from now. Ah, burgers. Still refer to that list of the best burgers in the LV area from AGS. Any new ones?

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:21 am

NewXboView user's profile






Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Posts: 815







I don't follow your evaluations of incoming freshman. Personally, I don't think any of you are qualified to evaluate them, or you would probably coaching at some or any level. But I have no objection to you doing your thing, and it keeps Carney from being readmitted to the loony house.

However, I always wondered if you guys (mostly Caney who has been at it the longest) reevaluate the class and players after their junior or senior year?

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:26 am

BillSView user's profile






Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 1019







RichH wrote:
Boy,you do love to poke the bear SmileSmile. Tired of explaining Patsys. Understand Bill wants it to be something that it cannot be. Oh well. Most enjoy them for what they are. If he can conjure up a more objective criteria for our recruiting classes more power to him. It is the best method to measure the potential of these classes now. It does not measure,nor can it, what these players will be 2-3 years from now. Ah, burgers. Still refer to that list of the best burgers in the LV area from AGS. Any new ones?
It's all good Rich I'm just trying to make Carney more positive about the future of Lafayette athletics. It's always better to be positive! Seems to me most Lehigh posters on your message board are for most part positive ? I know being a Leopard at times it's very difficult to remain positive but I'm determined to remain positive until the new Prez shows she is just another puppet of the BOT! Cheers and have a great day! GoPards! !!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:42 am

flyfisherView user's profile






Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 1306







BillS wrote:
RichH wrote:
Boy,you do love to poke the bear SmileSmile. Tired of explaining Patsys. Understand Bill wants it to be something that it cannot be. Oh well. Most enjoy them for what they are. If he can conjure up a more objective criteria for our recruiting classes more power to him. It is the best method to measure the potential of these classes now. It does not measure,nor can it, what these players will be 2-3 years from now. Ah, burgers. Still refer to that list of the best burgers in the LV area from AGS. Any new ones?
It's all good Rich I'm just trying to make Carney more positive about the future of Lafayette athletics. It's always better to be positive! Seems to me most Lehigh posters on your message board are for most part positive ? I know being a Leopard at times it's very difficult to remain positive but I'm determined to remain positive until the new Prez shows she is just another puppet of the BOT! Cheers and have a great day! GoPards! !!


Futile effort Bill. I dont know if Carney can be positive. Dont know what it would take to get him there.

I try to enjoy all of this. One day all this comes to an end. I am trying to enjoy today.

I learned something with my 2nd kid. As a baseball parent you would cringe when your kid would strike out or make an error. then i finally realized there will come a day you would give anything to see him strike out again. One day the music stops.

As to being a fan of Lafayette sports, i enoy being there, even the sporting events my son does not play in. Its fun, its entertainment. While like everyone else i would rather see my team win but you dont have to win for it to be fun.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:21 am

RichHView user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1211







Bill,
True most are postive. We do have a couple tho that make carney look like a pollyanna optimist and they completely lack hus wit. And his unsurpassed knowledge of where to get the best cheeseburgers Smile
Having lived thru LU's football in the 60s,I can understand carney's sanguine approach. It is painful and frustrating to go thru years of mediocrity. Doubt there are any more ardent fans for LC than carney.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:26 am

RichHView user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1211







NewXbo wrote:
I don't follow your evaluations of incoming freshman. Personally, I don't think any of you are qualified to evaluate them, or you would probably coaching at some or any level. But I have no objection to you doing your thing, and it keeps Carney from being readmitted to the loony house.

However, I always wondered if you guys (mostly Caney who has been at it the longest) reevaluate the class and players after their junior or senior year?

Dont know. I have done so for LU. One correlation does stand out.  Higher rated classes do produce more starters and All PL players but individual *s are not particularly predictive.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:24 pm

Pard4LifeView user's profile






Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 3433







Lehigh fans are so positive that they insist Notre Dame will ask Lehigh schedule them in football.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:59 pm

carney2View user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5447


Location: Allentown, PA





It's tough to duck all the missiles hurled my way and still present a coherent response. I have therefore placed one of my wife's cooking pots on my head for protection and offer the following in no particular order:

I am POSITIVE

that football season will come;
that losing without end will send me into yet another fit of rage;
and that The Frankosaurus will again go brain dead on at least one Saturday afternoon this fall.

Actually, Xbo, once - and only once - I extended the Patsy Ratings efforts into the off-season. It really was very time consuming, but I evaluated the Patsies vs. League results. I analyzed a 4, or was it 5, year period. Can't remember the details, but I think seniors were valued at a factor of 3, Juniors 2, sophomores 1, and freshmen were disregarded. Even I was amazed at the results. The Patsies predicted the top to bottom order of finish in the League with a VERY high degree of accuracy in each year.

And, you don't have to know much of anything to assemble the Patsy Ratings. They are based on available published information and there is a very precise set of rules. In other words, it's a "cookbook" that anyone can follow. The proof is in the pudding in that the task has been passed on to a mere Lehigh grad and he is handling it quite well.

As for my eternal quest for the world's greatest cheeseburger, I am adding a new burger to the list: The Burgery on Rte. 29 (Chestnut Street) in Emmaus (right near the intersection with Cedar Crest Blvd.). Very small with no liquor license, but there is a large selection of burgers and they are excellent.
_________________
New Coach = New Attitude = New Game = HOPE!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:57 pm

Bogus MegapardusView user's profile






Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 5880


Location: The Psphere of Pardsvillian Punditry





carney2 wrote:
As for my eternal quest for the world's greatest cheeseburger, I am adding a new burger to the list: The Burgery on Rte. 29 (Chestnut Street) in Emmaus (right near the intersection with Cedar Crest Blvd.). Very small with no liquor license, but there is a large selection of burgers and they are excellent.


And yes, you can actually get a Deep Fried Cheeseburger at the Jerome Bettis Grill in Pittsburgh, where monoglyceride solids are no barrier to fine cuisine.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:50 am

carney2View user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5447


Location: Allentown, PA





Don't know about Bettis's, but then perhaps it's because I can't see through my tears. My A Number 1 favorite burger was at Ray's He!! Burger in Arlington, VA. No frills. Just the best burger on planet earth.* It closed! But then reopened as Ray's He!! Burger Too. Now it's closed too. What's a boy to do?!!!

*Picked as number two burger in the US of A by USA Today. Number 1 is in Hawaii. It's on my bucket list. Perhaps when the Pards schedule a home and home with the Rainbow Warriors I'll get my chance.
_________________
New Coach = New Attitude = New Game = HOPE!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:17 am

bison137View user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1380







RichH wrote:
NewXbo wrote:
I don't follow your evaluations of incoming freshman. Personally, I don't think any of you are qualified to evaluate them, or you would probably coaching at some or any level. But I have no objection to you doing your thing, and it keeps Carney from being readmitted to the loony house.

However, I always wondered if you guys (mostly Caney who has been at it the longest) reevaluate the class and players after their junior or senior year?

Dont know. I have done so for LU. One correlation does stand out. Higher rated classes do produce more starters and All PL players but individual *s are not particularly predictive.



For Bucknell, there has been a negative correlation between stars and player's success.   A  high pct of BU's All-PL players had no stars, and the majority of their two star players never started.    This past year Bucknell had one of the worst Patsy rating ever - and that group has already produced four players who started as frosh.   Three of those four had no stars - including the only freshman lineman in the PL to make All-PL.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:41 am

BillSView user's profile






Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 1019







bison137 wrote:
RichH wrote:
NewXbo wrote:
I don't follow your evaluations of incoming freshman. Personally, I don't think any of you are qualified to evaluate them, or you would probably coaching at some or any level. But I have no objection to you doing your thing, and it keeps Carney from being readmitted to the loony house.

However, I always wondered if you guys (mostly Caney who has been at it the longest) reevaluate the class and players after their junior or senior year?

Dont know. I have done so for LU. One correlation does stand out. Higher rated classes do produce more starters and All PL players but individual *s are not particularly predictive.



For Bucknell, there has been a negative correlation between stars and player's success. A high pct of BU's All-PL players had no stars, and the majority of their two star players never started. This past year Bucknell had one of the worst Patsy rating ever - and that group has already produced four players who started as frosh. Three of those four had no stars - including the only freshman lineman in the PL to make All-PL.
137 that can't right the Patsy ratings never lie  Rolling Eyes

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:45 pm

carney2View user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5447


Location: Allentown, PA





bison137 wrote:
For Bucknell, there has been a negative correlation between stars and player's success. A high pct of BU's All-PL players had no stars, and the majority of their two star players never started. This past year Bucknell had one of the worst Patsy rating ever - and that group has already produced four players who started as frosh. Three of those four had no stars - including the only freshman lineman in the PL to make All-PL.


Shame on you, 137.  You, of all people, should be beyond raising the Rackley Conundrum as an argument against the Patsies.  You're better than that.


_________________
New Coach = New Attitude = New Game = HOPE!

Reply with quote
  
Reply to topic Page 32 of 33
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
 Previous Thread | Next Thread 

Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

The time now is Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:58 am

phpvBB - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum - Top - MODs

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Visit Justinsanity.net for all your phpvBB needs.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum