Basketball Recruits - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum



Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index


Lafayette Sports Fan Forum > Women's Basketball > 
--- Basketball Recruits

Reply to topic

Must be logged in to watch topics

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:21 pm

NewXboView user's profile






Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Posts: 815







Andy wrote:
Coach G got a 2016 verbal today from Sarah Agnello, SG/W 5-10 , Villa Marie Academy, Erie, PA  The third D-1 signing from Villa Marie's junior class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6qMHyZW8BM

http://www.goerie.com/article/201...he-week-sarah-agnello-villa-maria

Coach Chuzie: 'While Sarah is a tremendous shooter and defender, I believe it's intelligence that sets her apart.'

Prep-Villa ž@PrepVilla  · 6h6 hours ago  
'I hope my experience at Lafayette  is similar to the one I have had so far at Villa, and I couldn't be more excited'

Prep-Villa ‏@PrepVilla  · 6h6 hours ago  
'I was looking for a school that offered the best of academics and athletics and found that at Lafayette,' Sarah said

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHP4SWHW4AA3Z0A.jpg



Watched her play today in the PIAA class AAA championship game vs Archbishop Wood.  Neither she nor her team had a good game today, losing 46-29.  Agnello scored all 8 of her teams points in the first quarter as they led 8-5.   By the end of the half Wood had taken the lead 21-18.  Agnello scored only one more point as she fouled out at the end of the third quarter.

It was a very physical game with very weak officials. The Villa Maria coach was T-ed up in the second quarter.  Some kind of confusion in the 4th when a Technical was called and after a long discussion,  rescinded.  No explanation. I believe that this is their only loss of the season.
_________________
Social Media - A toxic crucible of negativity

 Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:40 am

SixtyEighterView user's profile






Joined: 28 Oct 2013
Posts: 506







Similar to Sami Stipa - great career- great team - bad loss and bad game in state championship final game. Sami is now showing promise but hasn't developed consistency.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:58 pm

NewXboView user's profile






Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Posts: 815







NewXbo wrote:
Andy wrote:
Coach G got a 2016 verbal today from Sarah Agnello, SG/W 5-10 , Villa Marie Academy, Erie, PA  The third D-1 signing from Villa Marie's junior class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6qMHyZW8BM

http://www.goerie.com/article/201...he-week-sarah-agnello-villa-maria

Coach Chuzie: 'While Sarah is a tremendous shooter and defender, I believe it's intelligence that sets her apart.'

Prep-Villa ž@PrepVilla  · 6h6 hours ago  
'I hope my experience at Lafayette  is similar to the one I have had so far at Villa, and I couldn't be more excited'


Agnello named first team all-state, AAA

Prep-Villa ‏@PrepVilla  · 6h6 hours ago  
'I was looking for a school that offered the best of academics and athletics and found that at Lafayette,' Sarah said

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHP4SWHW4AA3Z0A.jpg



Watched her play today in the PIAA class AAA championship game vs Archbishop Wood.  Neither she nor her team had a good game today, losing 46-29.  Agnello scored all 8 of her teams points in the first quarter as they led 8-5.   By the end of the half Wood had taken the lead 21-18.  Agnello scored only one more point as she fouled out at the end of the third quarter.

It was a very physical game with very weak officials. The Villa Maria coach was T-ed up in the second quarter.  Some kind of confusion in the 4th when a Technical was called and after a long discussion,  rescinded.  No explanation. I believe that this is their only loss of the season.

_________________
Social Media - A toxic crucible of negativity

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:35 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6163







Natalie Kucowski 6-2 St. Basil is a 2017 verbal commit per her twitter. May 8.

http://articles.philly.com/2016-0...are-state-coppin-state-penn-state

http://espn.go.com/high-school/gi...ayer/_/id/216510/natalie-kucowski

Fall Ball Classic-September 2015: Agile left-handed faceup-5 stretches the defense to the arc; mobile in uptempo game; defensive presence in key, active

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:44 pm

The MaroonView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 1878


Location: Bethlehem, PA





Andy wrote:
Natalie Kucowski 6-2 St. Basil is a 2017 verbal commit per her twitter. May 8.

http://articles.philly.com/2016-0...are-state-coppin-state-penn-state

http://espn.go.com/high-school/gi...ayer/_/id/216510/natalie-kucowski

Fall Ball Classic-September 2015: Agile left-handed faceup-5 stretches the defense to the arc; mobile in uptempo game; defensive presence in key, active


I have no idea what to make of the ESPN profile (in terms of credibility) but if it's remotely accurate that qualifies as a "wow" recruit. 6'2 with range and mobility? WOW.
_________________
I bleed Maroon

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:35 am

SixtyEighterView user's profile






Joined: 28 Oct 2013
Posts: 506







Grentz seems to have real credibility and great powers of persuasion to recruit these girls especially from Catholic Academies.Just an empirical observation based on numbers from those schools.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:43 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6163







Coach G on Pat Summit:

http://womhoops.blogspot.com/2016...-of-pat-summitt-tribute-from.html

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:14 pm

SixtyEighterView user's profile






Joined: 28 Oct 2013
Posts: 506







That eulogy further cements my impression of Coach Grentz as a person of high character.Also a main branch on Pat Summit's coaching tree.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:53 am

NewXboView user's profile






Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Posts: 815







Did this one get away? Nazareth High School rising senior basketball player Tessa Brugler committed to Bucknell. Brugler averaged 15 ppg, and 10 rbds. last year she had 48 steals, 44 blocks and 57 assists. She can scored on 3s and in the paint. Former basketball player Tom Kresge contacted Coach Nolan when Brugler was a freshman.
_________________
Social Media - A toxic crucible of negativity

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:43 am

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6163







NewXbo wrote:
Did this one get away? Nazareth High School rising osenior basketball player Tessa Brugler committed to Bucknell. Brugler averaged 15 ppg, and 10 rbds. last year she had 48 steals, 44 blocks and 57 assists. She can scored on 3s and in the paint. Former basketball player Tom Kresge contacted Coach Nolan when Brugler was a freshman.


Wanted Education major.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:15 am

NewXboView user's profile






Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Posts: 815







Andy wrote:
NewXbo wrote:
Did this one get away? Nazareth High School rising osenior basketball player Tessa Brugler committed to Bucknell. Brugler averaged 15 ppg, and 10 rbds. last year she had 48 steals, 44 blocks and 57 assists. She can scored on 3s and in the paint. Former basketball player Tom Kresge contacted Coach Nolan when Brugler was a freshman.


Wanted Education major.


We have education courses, just not enough for a degree.
_________________
Social Media - A toxic crucible of negativity

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:52 pm

Franks TanksView user's profile






Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 3280







NewXbo wrote:
Did this one get away? Nazareth High School rising senior basketball player Tessa Brugler committed to Bucknell. Brugler averaged 15 ppg, and 10 rbds. last year she had 48 steals, 44 blocks and 57 assists. She can scored on 3s and in the paint. Former basketball player Tom Kresge contacted Coach Nolan when Brugler was a freshman.


Zero winning seasons since this young lady has been alive doesn't help either.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:45 pm

bison137View user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1381







Franks Tanks wrote:
NewXbo wrote:
Did this one get away? Nazareth High School rising senior basketball player Tessa Brugler committed to Bucknell. Brugler averaged 15 ppg, and 10 rbds. last year she had 48 steals, 44 blocks and 57 assists. She can scored on 3s and in the paint. Former basketball player Tom Kresge contacted Coach Nolan when Brugler was a freshman.


Zero winning seasons since this young lady has been alive doesn't help either.



I think that was a major reason.   She has cited four factors that entered into her decision: (1) Bucknell's success (e.g. 17-1 in PL this year), (2) how much she liked the BU coaching staff, (3) BU's style of play, and (4) how much she liked the players.    Bucknell having an education major was not a big factor.

As you say, it's difficult to turn around a program with a long losing tradition, although it's easier in basketball than in some sports.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:43 am

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6163







bison137 wrote:
 Bucknell having an education major was not a big factor.


That's ridiculous.  We research the same articles you do. "I thought it was the best fit for me," said Brugler, who plans to study Education.  

I don't think linking "best fit" and "study Education" in the same sentence was meaningless.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:57 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6163







A job well done "attaboy" from me and a free CHT pitcher of Yuengling from Xbo (is that supposed to be an incentive?!) for the person who can find our PG commit from GA.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:03 pm

NewXboView user's profile






Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Posts: 815







Andy wrote:
A job well done "attaboy" from me and a free CHT pitcher of Yuengling from Xbo (is that supposed to be an incentive?!) for the person who can find our PG commit from GA.


I know somebody who knows her name, I'll try to track him down
_________________
Social Media - A toxic crucible of negativity

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:05 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6163







http://m.roanoke.com/sports/high_...8-b6bd-90ec7971eeae.html?mode=jqm

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:26 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6163







Scouting Indiana‏ @ScoutingINGirls
5'5 G Paige Saylor (2017) of Roncalli H.S. has committed to play at D1 Lafayette College

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:41 pm

KpardView user's profile






Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 1274


Location: Bethlehem





Signing day webcast today at 1PM.
5-5 PG, 5-10 G-F, 6-3 F-C
All 3 can shoot it from 3.

Coach G is just so great! This program WILL succeed and soon.
_________________
GO PARDS!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:38 pm

adcs2View user's profile






Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 276







Prediction: Top five in PL this year and top two in 2017-18.

You read it here first.

Reply with quote
  
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

The time now is Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:23 am

phpvBB - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum - Top - MODs

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Visit Justinsanity.net for all your phpvBB needs.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum