2017 Football Recruiting - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum



Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index


Lafayette Sports Fan Forum > Recruiting Thread > 
--- 2017 Football Recruiting

Reply to topic

Must be logged in to watch topics

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:32 pm

bethlehempardView user's profile






Joined: 28 Sep 2011
Posts: 2131







We may be hearing about two transfers out. On the fence right now. The moves if made would be the best steps to take for the players and the team.

 Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:46 pm

BillSView user's profile






Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 1019







bethlehempard wrote:
We may be hearing about two transfers out. On the fence right now. The moves if made would be the best steps to take for the players and the team.
oh no more suspense...I'm still worried about Sweden  Wink
_________________
Talent wins games but teamwork and intelligence wins championships!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:05 pm

SIDELINERView user's profile






Joined: 13 Oct 2008
Posts: 674


Location: PA





So, if two players on scholarship transfer out, does Coach Garrett get the scholarship dollars back for additions to this current class?  At some PL member schools, he definitely would. At Lafayette, who knows?

It would be nice to take another shot at Lavandis Douglas if he hasn't made any firm commitment. Convince him Lafayette is a good place for him. I wonder what turned him off in the official visit.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:35 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6151







SIDELINER wrote:
So, if two players on scholarship transfer out, does Coach Garrett get the scholarship dollars back for additions to this current class?  At some PL member schools, he definitely would. At Lafayette, who knows?

It would be nice to take another shot at Lavandis Douglas if he hasn't made any firm commitment. Convince him Lafayette is a good place for him. I wonder what turned him off in the official visit.


An "opportunity" without a monetary offer?

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:51 pm

KpardView user's profile






Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 1272


Location: Bethlehem





SIDELINER wrote:
So, if two players on scholarship transfer out, does Coach Garrett get the scholarship dollars back for additions to this current class?  At some PL member schools, he definitely would. At Lafayette, who knows?

It would be nice to take another shot at Lavandis Douglas if he hasn't made any firm commitment. Convince him Lafayette is a good place for him. I wonder what turned him off in the official visit.


Probably the basketball game they took him to! Rolling Eyes
_________________
GO PARDS!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Bogus MegapardusView user's profile






Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 5880


Location: The Psphere of Pardsvillian Punditry





LC Local Fan wrote:
Sean O'Malley
‏@somalley10

Excited to announce that I will be continuing my education and football career at Lafayette College! #RollPards


O'Malley's Loyola HS plays in the Mission League in Los Angeles. The Mission League (along with its rival, the Trinity League) is extremely competitive. O'Malley will have faced some very tough competition.

Congrats to Mr. O'Malley for selecting Lafayette College. And congrats to Coach Garrett and the staff for their efforts in introducing him to College Hill.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:55 am

edge29View user's profile






Joined: 20 Nov 2010
Posts: 767







A couple of thoughts

1 - great job by Andy as always. Because of you, we're easily the most informed message board by far.
2 - I had a look and the highlights, accolades, and offers of most of the other PL commits. IMO, With this O'Malley addition, we easily have the best class in PL.  I'm sure some others will disagree but it's just my opinion.  I have Maroon colored glasses.
3 - the O'Malley commit also worries me.  With our small roster size, can we afford to have this many players not contributing?? I'm hopeful Garrett has a plan that is not quite clear to me.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:01 am

SIDELINERView user's profile






Joined: 13 Oct 2008
Posts: 674


Location: PA





edge29 wrote:
A couple of thoughts

1 - great job by Andy as always. Because of you, we're easily the most informed message board by far.
2 - I had a look and the highlights, accolades, and offers of most of the other PL commits. IMO, With this O'Malley addition, we easily have the best class in PL.  I'm sure some others will disagree but it's just my opinion.  I have Maroon colored glasses.
3 - the O'Malley commit also worries me.  With our small roster size, can we afford to have this many players not contributing?? I'm hopeful Garrett has a plan that is not quite clear to me.


The addition of O'Malley now means eight guys with "QB" designation could be on the field for the start of summer practices. I'd think there's no way he changes any of the incoming frosh. Josh Davis could be sent back to WR and a couple of the others are fringe players whose status could change. I can't believe he wants EIGHT this summer.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:23 am

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6151







edge29 wrote:

3 - the O'Malley commit also worries me.  With our small roster size, can we afford to have this many players not contributing?? I'm hopeful Garrett has a plan that is not quite clear to me.


I feel you, edge. I'm at least as far "outside" as you are and searching for clues.  An insiders repeated posts that Coach JG  "Better bring in a QB to run his offense;" the mentions, I assume informed, of impending transfers; coupled with one of our QBs tweets seeking divine help to "guide his path" seem to point to fewer numbers at the position than we see rostered today. These 4 new guys all seem to be quality players, although perhaps none stand out above the others, hence 4 brought in to compete?  As you know some programs bring in several QBs every year with the intention of moving them (Colgate?), but these guys all appear to be future QBs (Reed A. could surely play TE but he came here apparently because Richmond wanted him to change position).  So we're left with at least 4 same year competing at the position and the possibilities you raise as well as possibility of a morale problem.  Like you, my faith is that JG knows what he's doing.  Could be that he sees no problem; compete and let the chips fall.  This is a big change from what we'd been seeing - maybe under-recruiting at the position with a kid of this quality every 3 or 4 years. Just my opinion.  Love this group (and this staff!)

I like the Colgate class, good players although maybe not "starred" players. Their QB is one of 2 on Big 33 team. HC had a terrific class but then suffered 4 flips. I haven't really checked out the other classes. I'm encouraged that you like ours. Respect, bro.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:31 pm

RichHView user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1211







I would not be too concerned with Pard class. Overall class is excellent with quality depth and some difference makers. May be best class this year. Gate has a solid class.but a pretty high needs factor. Rams have a good number of DL recruits and a new DC. Cross still has a very good class even with the flips. TG has addressed his need for athletes and size. A lot depends on how the star QB develops. Bison brought in a solid class but seems unlikely to help Susan much. Little immediate help for his O. Lehigh brought in a much larger class than expected. Solid depth and quite a few difference makers. LU need is replacing all starting LBs.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:33 pm

RichHView user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1211







Dang forgot Hoyas Smile. Some quality skills players as usual. Havent yet looked any deeper.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:34 pm

edge29View user's profile






Joined: 20 Nov 2010
Posts: 767







RichH wrote:
I would not be too concerned with Pard class. Overall class is excellent with quality depth and some difference makers. May be best class this year. Gate has a solid class.but a pretty high needs factor. Rams have a good number of DL recruits and a new DC. Cross still has a very good class even with the flips. TG has addressed his need for athletes and size. A lot depends on how the star QB develops. Bison brought in a solid class but seems unlikely to help Susan much. Little immediate help for his O. Lehigh brought in a much larger class than expected. Solid depth and quite a few difference makers. LU need is replacing all starting LBs.


this time last year, LFN was well into the Patsy ratings. Has he given it up?

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:48 pm

RichHView user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1211







Smile No. Decided to hold back given all the late activity from flips to late signings all thru the PL. LU has 4 more. Would not be surprided if Garrett got a few more.
Gotta remember that NSD is the start for signing NLIs not the end.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:09 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6151







Recruitnk and friend, LCLocalFan, reports as follows:

Mike Turk P has accepted a full ride per twitter (replacing what's his name who flipped).

Joe Turkţ@_JoeTurk  · Feb 24  

My little bro will be playing football for prestigious Lafayette College next year on a full ride.. God is good! @LafColFootball  #RollPards///////

http://kohlskicking.com/profile/michael-turk/23940/

Nephew of NFL P Matt?

2016?  Need info, video.

EDIT:

Personal Statement

I am determined to be a collegiate punter at the Division 1 level. My Uncle Matt Turk punted in the NFL for 19 years and my brother Ben Turk punted at Notre Dame for 4 years. I am motivated to have a lasting punting career as well and I work hard everyday to perfect my craft. I also value academics strongly and I got a 33 on the ACT. /////

http://www.ncsasports.org/footbal...e-point-high-school1/michael-turk

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:19 pm

seenalotView user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1424







Not sure what happens when the pressure is on - but these are impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-rQ-V-g7M0

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:01 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6151







seenalot wrote:
Not sure what happens when the pressure is on - but these are impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-rQ-V-g7M0


Nice work, seen!   Talk about current video, some of those kicks haven't come down yet!  Thanks.



Last edited by Andy on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:20 pm

BillSView user's profile






Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 1019







Andy wrote:
seenalot wrote:
Not sure what happens when the pressure is on - but these are impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-rQ-V-g7M0


Nice work, seen!   Talk about current video, some of those kicks haven't come down yet!  Thanks.
Very impressive!!! It's coming all together Congratulations to the staff great job!
_________________
Talent wins games but teamwork and intelligence wins championships!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:53 am

bethlehempardView user's profile






Joined: 28 Sep 2011
Posts: 2131







Former semi-commitment Kerstetter may be trying for a spot at Notre Dame.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:59 am

edge29View user's profile






Joined: 20 Nov 2010
Posts: 767







[quote="Andy:60817" (replacing what's his name who flipped)[/quote]
It looks like the flip worked out in our favor.  Mike is big boy for a kicker.  Those TX connections are really paying off!!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:45 pm

PardDad71View user's profile






Joined: 09 Nov 2016
Posts: 166







Big John takes 4th at State Championship.   Not to shabby

http://www.athletic.net/result/j0i8Mwosgu2jkLJT4/

I believe # 11, Fishbein is a Pard commit for T&F

Reply with quote
  
Reply to topic Page 29 of 30
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

The time now is Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:51 am

phpvBB - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum - Top - MODs

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Visit Justinsanity.net for all your phpvBB needs.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum