2017 men's bball recruiting - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum



Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index


Lafayette Sports Fan Forum > Recruiting Thread > 
--- 2017 men's bball recruiting

Reply to topic

Must be logged in to watch topics

Posted:

Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.













  
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:31 pm

bethlehempardView user's profile






Joined: 28 Sep 2011
Posts: 2135







Kel Stotts of Kentucky has an offer according to

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/hi...-basketball/article133155714.html

He scored 1,000 points at two different high schools and is a senior. BlueGrassPreps says he has an offer from Maryville (D3).

 Reply with quote
  
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:40 pm

KpardView user's profile






Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 1273


Location: Bethlehem





5-11 Shooting guard. FOH expecting him to play the point?
_________________
GO PARDS!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:00 am

seenalotView user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1424







Think he is up to 6'2 - believe 5'11 as a frosh.  Good scorer throughout HS, but don't know the level of competition.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:09 am

adcs2View user's profile






Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 276







I didn't see a hand in his face on too many jump shots.  That won't happen on the D1 level.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:04 am

KpardView user's profile






Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 1273


Location: Bethlehem





Who else has offered?
_________________
GO PARDS!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:40 am

adcs2View user's profile






Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 276







Maryville (D3). I think that is it

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:06 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6156







Twitter indicates Stephens on campus this weekend.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:22 pm

KpardView user's profile






Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 1273


Location: Bethlehem





adcs2 wrote:
Maryville (D3). I think that is it


So we are competing against a D3 school for this kid. (no offense to him)
Is it any wonder why we are a cellar dweller?
_________________
GO PARDS!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:53 am

LC Local FanView user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 211







weet
Eylijah Stephens ‏@EJS_2017 4h4 hours ago

Extremely proud to say that I am verbally committed to Lafayette College! #GoPards #ThanksBeToGod @LafayetteHoops

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:48 pm

KpardView user's profile






Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 1273


Location: Bethlehem





LC Local Fan wrote:
weet
Eylijah Stephens ‏@EJS_2017 4h4 hours ago

Extremely proud to say that I am verbally committed to Lafayette College! #GoPards #ThanksBeToGod @LafayetteHoops


5-11 SG. What D3 schools did we beat out for him?
_________________
GO PARDS!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:33 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6156







Kpard wrote:
LC Local Fan wrote:
weet
Eylijah Stephens ț@EJS_2017 4h4 hours ago

Extremely proud to say that I am verbally committed to Lafayette College! #GoPards #ThanksBeToGod @LafayetteHoops


5-11 SG. What D3 schools did we beat out for him?


He's listed at 6-4 but I'm sure that wont stop you from knocking a 17 year old. Makes you feel like a big man. Nice job.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Yankeefan1922View user's profile






Joined: 15 Feb 2017
Posts: 19







Kpard is right in that there are some red flags here.  Stephens plays for St. Thomas Aquinas alongside Michael Akuchie who has offers from American, Colgate, Cornell and FIU.  The best I can gather, Stephens held no other D1 offers.

The team the duo plays for went 13-10 this season.  How does a team with two supposed D1 athletes have such a mediocre record?  I saw at least a half dozen 25+ point losses, including a pair of 30+. Why is a team with two supposed D1 athletes not more competitive.

Others have questioned if we are targeting the right players.  Recent results indicate that perhaps we are not.  I am not trying to trash these young men.  It is just that we are not seeing the results that a 250K investment warrants.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:51 pm

BillSView user's profile






Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 1019







Yankeefan1922 wrote:
Kpard is right in that there are some red flags here.  Stephens plays for St. Thomas Aquinas alongside Michael Akuchie who has offers from American, Colgate, Cornell and FIU.  The best I can gather, Stephens held no other D1 offers.

The team the duo plays for went 13-10 this season.  How does a team with two supposed D1 athletes have such a mediocre record?  I saw at least a half dozen 25+ point losses, including a pair of 30+. Why is a team with two supposed D1 athletes not more competitive.

Others have questioned if we are targeting the right players.  Recent results indicate that perhaps we are not.  I am not trying to trash these young men.  It is just that we are not seeing the results that a 250K investment warrants.
I'm not a basketball recruiting expert but Yankeefan has a great points where are his offers....Bison137 maybe you can share your opinion on this recruit....
_________________
Talent wins games but teamwork and intelligence wins championships!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:26 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6156







Yankeefan1922 wrote:
Kpard is right in that there are some red flags here.  Stephens plays for St. Thomas Aquinas alongside Michael Akuchie who has offers from American, Colgate, Cornell and FIU.  The best I can gather, Stephens held no other D1 offers.

The team the duo plays for went 13-10 this season.  How does a team with two supposed D1 athletes have such a mediocre record?  I saw at least a half dozen 25+ point losses, including a pair of 30+. Why is a team with two supposed D1 athletes not more competitive.

Others have questioned if we are targeting the right players.  Recent results indicate that perhaps we are not.  I am not trying to trash these young men.  It is just that we are not seeing the results that a 250K investment warrants.


The biggest day in this young man's life, he's worked hard on the court and in the classroom, he's chosen to play for US and the reaction he gets is "What D3 schools did we beat out for him?"  And we have guys supporting it!  What a f'n despicable place this board has become.

A senior FB players tweeted thoughts on us:

"I hope the people on the Lafayette forum know that every football player knows about it. And we don't give a shit what you guys have to say"

There has to be a better way of expressing frustration with LC athletics than trashing HS kids.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:44 pm

Bogus MegapardusView user's profile






Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 5880


Location: The Psphere of Pardsvillian Punditry





Andy wrote:
The biggest day in this young man's life, he's worked hard on the court and in the classroom, he's chosen to play for US and the reaction he gets is "What D3 schools did we beat out for him?"  And we have guys supporting it!  What a f'n despicable place this board has become.


My understanding always has been that we don't make ad hominem comments about players - current or prospective - on this board. If I'm wrong, somebody please let me know.

Comments about coaching, the nature of administration support, and overall recruiting goals are fair (I've certainly made my share of them). Comments about tactics, preparedness, conditioning, facilities, game conditions, scheduling, etc., likewise are fair. Comments about the ugliness that is Lehigh University always are fair.

But I don't see the purpose or the value in denigrating any student-athlete who plays for Lafayette, plans to play for Lafayette or who might like to play for Lafayette. I was there once and so were most of you.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:51 pm

bethlehempardView user's profile






Joined: 28 Sep 2011
Posts: 2135







Perhaps posters would like to create multiple boards.
I'm grateful that the moderator of this forum doesn't censor opinions.
If and when Lafayette sports returns to respectability things will change.
This board doesn't set the tone.
The relentless ineptitude on the field and in recruiting does. That is the independent variable.

The facts are egregious but they are still facts. They are actually mind-boggling.
With scholarships, viewpoints change. That's a fact of life and it's one of the reasons I didn't welcome the change in aid. It's a fact of life now and it's time programs were held accountable.

Do that and the fans will follow.

An aside, but after Coach Putnam's last game, some of the football players went to my house's cocktail party because they didn't want to face their own alumni after the loss.
No scholarships. Extra aid for some but no scholarships.
They felt the pressure as much or more so than today's players do.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:10 pm

bethlehempardView user's profile






Joined: 28 Sep 2011
Posts: 2135







Unrelated to sports but young men, beware of Twitter. Expressing yourself that way could hurt you in a job search one day. Things like that can make the difference. You represent yourself with every comment. What you might say often looks a lot worse in print.
The Internet is unforgiving.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:46 am

KpardView user's profile






Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 1273


Location: Bethlehem





Andy wrote:
Kpard wrote:
LC Local Fan wrote:
weet
Eylijah Stephens ț@EJS_2017 4h4 hours ago

Extremely proud to say that I am verbally committed to Lafayette College! #GoPards #ThanksBeToGod @LafayetteHoops


5-11 SG. What D3 schools did we beat out for him?


He's listed at 6-4 but I'm sure that wont stop you from knocking a 17 year old. Makes you feel like a big man. Nice job.


You know what my point is!

I have ALWAYS made it my practice to NEVER criticize any individual athlete on this board. If I have violated my own principles then I sincerely apologize to this young man, his family, and anyone who is or wants to be offended.
My comment is a result of the fourth straight and biggest loss in 12 years to our rival. Also, after winning a PL championship, witnesses the past two seasons. As an Alum, season ticket holder, it is frustrating.
_________________
GO PARDS!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:09 am

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6156







bethlehempard wrote:
Unrelated to sports but young men, beware of Twitter. Expressing yourself that way could hurt you in a job search one day. Things like that can make the difference. You represent yourself with every comment. What you might say often looks a lot worse in print.
The Internet is unforgiving.


Right denigrate the young man's teammates, his coaches, other LC athletes some who haven't even gotten here yet, day after day anonymously on a public forum, and  then  lecture the kid on decorum.  He's sticking up for his teammates, any employer that would hold that against him he wouldn't want to work for.  We  need to check OUR behavior.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:38 am

bethlehempardView user's profile






Joined: 28 Sep 2011
Posts: 2135







Using the term "we don't give a shit" is alright?
That is no way to express oneself or present oneself.

Reply with quote
  
Reply to topic Page 5 of 7
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

The time now is Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:05 am

phpvBB - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum - Top - MODs

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Visit Justinsanity.net for all your phpvBB needs.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum