Survey - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum



Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index


Lafayette Sports Fan Forum > Whatever else > 
--- Survey

Reply to topic

Must be logged in to watch topics

Posted:

Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.













  
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:43 pm

KpardView user's profile






Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 1262


Location: Bethlehem





Did you all take the 11 question survey from BrucieMac and the committee?
_________________
GO PARDS!

 Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:54 am

LafalumView user's profile






Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3886







yes, I thought the questions were not well thought out but there was space to comment.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:32 am

WVPardView user's profile






Joined: 06 Oct 2016
Posts: 48


Location: The Mountain State





Was survey invite only?
_________________
Let's rock some dome!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:55 am

LafalumView user's profile






Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3886







No and it was due on Jan. 24. Came from alumni office and signed by Bruce if I recall. I would guess it was to athletic donors.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:14 am

WVPardView user's profile






Joined: 06 Oct 2016
Posts: 48


Location: The Mountain State





Lafalum wrote:
No and it was due on Jan. 24. Came from alumni office and signed by Bruce if I recall. I would guess it was to athletic donors.


Hmmm.   Went back over my emails.  Perhaps my MC "boycott" last year disqualified me.  That figures.  Thanks for info.
_________________
Let's rock some dome!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:52 am

BPardView user's profile






Joined: 23 Sep 2014
Posts: 208







Survey was a link inside a longer email from the regional alumni chapter. Check your most recent alumni chapter email, which you should've gotten in the past few days.

You could miss the survey link because it is a brief section in a longer message about other Lafayette news and updates from your local chapter.

They should've sent you the survey especially if you're an occasional donor instead of an annual donor. In other words, anyone doing a "boycott" should be included in the surveys target audience.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:05 pm

WVPardView user's profile






Joined: 06 Oct 2016
Posts: 48


Location: The Mountain State





Weird.  Just got it.  Last year was the first year of not giving.

Excited about this year, though.

Thanks again for info.
_________________
Let's rock some dome!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:29 pm

KpardView user's profile






Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 1262


Location: Bethlehem





Just got a specific email from BMac. Must be a Maroon club emailing. The first one was definitely alumni/non Maroon club.
_________________
GO PARDS!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:33 pm

WVPardView user's profile






Joined: 06 Oct 2016
Posts: 48


Location: The Mountain State





Wow.  Not quite as excited after taking that survey.

I will not go back to pessimism, but it kind of seemed like this discussion occurred at ICAC:

"Well, we probably need to send out a survey."  

"Yup.  I guess so."  

"Is canned survey #2 available?"  

"Yup."  

"Send it out."  

"Will do."

"Make the background color maroon."

"OK"

"Call me if you need me, I'm going to watch re-runs of The Bachelor on my I-Pad."

"Yup."

Though I should be grateful.  At least someone asked something before a decision was made.
_________________
Let's rock some dome!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:08 pm

seenalotView user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1424







I wasn't impressed either - didn't really get to the heart of the issue, just danced around the perimeter.   Biggest concerns - too much time spent on Athletic Communications and how some of the questions were worded - ex:

"How do you think the intercollegiate athletic program fits with regard to the College's mission as it relates to the following"

w/radio buttons for Well, Poorly, Not Relevant, No Opinion

Enrollment applications, Applicants college choice, Student athlete's college choice, Student body composition, Academic programs, Student life and school spirit, Alumni engagement and support, Visibility of Lafayette regionally, Visibility of Lafayette Nationally, Image of Lafayette
             
Does that question ask how does it fit NOW or how should it fit?

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:46 pm

WVPardView user's profile






Joined: 06 Oct 2016
Posts: 48


Location: The Mountain State





seenalot wrote:
I wasn't impressed either - didn't really get to the heart of the issue, just danced around the perimeter. Biggest concerns - too much time spent on Athletic Communications and how some of the questions were worded - ex:

"How do you think the intercollegiate athletic program fits with regard to the College's mission as it relates to the following"

w/radio buttons for Well, Poorly, Not Relevant, No Opinion

Enrollment applications, Applicants college choice, Student athlete's college choice, Student body composition, Academic programs, Student life and school spirit, Alumni engagement and support, Visibility of Lafayette regionally, Visibility of Lafayette Nationally, Image of Lafayette

Does that question ask how does it fit NOW or how should it fit?


SAL - completely agree. Seems like the main question(s) made no sense at all.
_________________
Let's rock some dome!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:04 pm

LafalumView user's profile






Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3886







WVPard wrote:
seenalot wrote:
I wasn't impressed either - didn't really get to the heart of the issue, just danced around the perimeter. Biggest concerns - too much time spent on Athletic Communications and how some of the questions were worded - ex:

"How do you think the intercollegiate athletic program fits with regard to the College's mission as it relates to the following"

w/radio buttons for Well, Poorly, Not Relevant, No Opinion

Enrollment applications, Applicants college choice, Student athlete's college choice, Student body composition, Academic programs, Student life and school spirit, Alumni engagement and support, Visibility of Lafayette regionally, Visibility of Lafayette Nationally, Image of Lafayette

Does that question ask how does it fit NOW or how should it fit?


SAL - completely agree. Seems like the main question(s) made no sense at all.


Take advantage of the comment box!!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:53 pm

njleopardView user's profile






Joined: 13 Apr 2016
Posts: 39







[quote="Lafalum:59811"]yes, I thought the questions were not well thought out but there was space to comment.[/quote

Agreed.  It was poorly written and designed.  It seemed like a high school student wrote it, not a professional consultant.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:56 am

LafalumView user's profile






Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3886







[quote="njleopard:59889"]
Lafalum wrote:
yes, I thought the questions were not well thought out but there was space to comment.[/quote

Agreed. It was poorly written and designed. It seemed like a high school student wrote it, not a professional consultant.


It kind of reflects the administrations belief of their view of what athletics job is.
No where does it get to the heart of the matter and the purpose of the study...
our W/L performance in the league! It's almost ignores that as a goal.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:30 am

seenalotView user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1424







Left me concerned about the quality of the consultant we retained.  Hope an aberration, but concerned we don't get pabulum work product.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:31 am

SixtyEighterView user's profile






Joined: 28 Oct 2013
Posts: 492







This is an empirical rather than scientific opinion but it seems like the survey went out in tiers. To regular givers and maybe "Friends" members , then to  various local chapter participants around the country and then to the general alumni populace. I am an "active" alum. I write for the classnotes and am an executive on a dormant chapter board  (dormant because the alumni office took the leadership away from the older alums and gave it to younger people who let the chapter founder-this has happened twice so finally I just let it go.)The story of the chapter is a parable for all decisions made by our alma mater.They took a large chapter , divided it in two appointed hand picked leadership and now have two dormant chapters 50 miles from the school-but I digress.In any event there was no tier for active alums that I could determine.But ovearll it seems that that's how the survey was promulgated.Eventually everyone will be polled.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:37 am

LafalumView user's profile






Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3886







SixtyEighter wrote:
This is an empirical rather than scientific opinion but it seems like the survey went out in tiers. To regular givers and maybe "Friends" members , then to various local chapter participants around the country and then to the general alumni populace. I am an "active" alum. I write for the classnotes and am an executive on a dormant chapter board (dormant because the alumni office took the leadership away from the older alums and gave it to younger people who let the chapter founder-this has happened twice so finally I just let it go.)The story of the chapter is a parable for all decisions made by our alma mater.They took a large chapter , divided it in two appointed hand picked leadership and now have two dormant chapters 50 miles from the school-but I digress.In any event there was no tier for active alums that I could determine.But ovearll it seems that that's how the survey was promulgated.Eventually everyone will be polled.


I totally agree on all the points you made. In many ways the development office and school in general is trying to move to get leadership from the next generation without effecting donations. In an organizations I have been involved in, in one case, a 90's grad was put in a leadership position, total donation.....100 dollars. When we weren't meeting goals I get a call, can you help us with a larger donation?? There are other examples I could tell you via pm if your interested.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:53 pm

BPardView user's profile






Joined: 23 Sep 2014
Posts: 208







Pretty sure the survey link was included dynamically in the chapter emails. Then separate email too just on the survey. I like the persistence.

There are a demographic gaps the College is rightly worried about in terms of support. Dollars generally follow interest, involvement, and enthusiasm.

I hope they're trying to get leadership transitioned across generations to have the effect of increased giving instead of no effect! Plus new ideas and fresh blood percolating up to board.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:04 am

ed65View user's profile






Joined: 04 Sep 2013
Posts: 851


Location: New York City





I thought the questions were pablum.  So I spent my time on the Comments section although I could have said what I feel in one sentence.  Let's start doing what is necessary to win!"  I don't mean cheating - just to be clear.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:15 pm

HancockView user's profile






Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Posts: 7


Location: NYC





The marquis sport with the largest following and biggest donations still took years for change. I make an annual donation to Lafayette but not large enough to effect change so the comment sections of the survey were completely filled.
Football has the adrenaline back and it's exciting to see how things look come spring. Here's hope for great energy and system that best utilizes the players on the roster and their skillset.
With the committee in place we now need to focus across all sports and make changes now.

Reply with quote
  
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Page 1, 2  Next
 Previous Thread | Next Thread 

Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

The time now is Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:54 am

phpvBB - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum - Top - MODs

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Visit Justinsanity.net for all your phpvBB needs.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum