Playoffs - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum



Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index


Lafayette Sports Fan Forum > Men's Basketball > 
--- Playoffs

Reply to topic

Must be logged in to watch topics

Posted:

Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.













  
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:05 pm

carney2View user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5447


Location: Allentown, PA





Kpard wrote:
bethlehempard wrote:
Too bad for Kempton and Price though it's a day to note to Lehigh friends, Michael Hoffman has more NCAA appearances than perhaps Lehigh's best big man ever.
Lafayette was 0-8 versus the PL Final Four, average deficit of just over 20 points per loss.
Next year ... ? Matt K. Probably Stout will play a big role. He showed some promise.
Beyond that it's hard to predict anything more than the usual cast of interchangeable parts.
The Bison were the better team. Lehigh looked slow and tired in the second half.
Worse, Bucknell has a good cast returning for next year.


Here are your excuses:
Pre scholarship - other PL teams backups would be starters for us
2015-16 - we lost our top 3 scorers
2016-17 - we are very young and need to adjust to the speed of the game at this level
2017-18 - we don't have an experienced point guard

Our teams always improve, in game coaching is always top notch, I just do not understand why it seems we are several steps behind.


No news here, but RECRUITING is the key.  Fran has proven that he can't or won't do it.  He has to go.
_________________
New Coach = New Attitude = New Game = HOPE!

 Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:09 pm

bison137View user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1378







Kpard wrote:
Bison are dancing. Probably be a 15 maybe 14.

It is hard to believe that with the career that Kempton had, he never made the NCAA's. I don't think they make the NIT, maybe on of those other money wasting consolation tourneys?


No chance of a 15.  On the cusp between 14 and 13.

As for Lehigh, I think there is a 99% chance they enter a pay for play event.  Zero chance of the NIT.    It was enjoyable watching Kempton walk off the court in tears last night after another postseason failure.  I'm sure he blamed his teammates.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:26 pm

Bogus MegapardusView user's profile






Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 5880


Location: The Psphere of Pardsvillian Punditry





Kpard wrote:
in game coaching is always top notch


This is why FOH is here and likely will remain (IMHO) until he decides otherwise. In late February/early March it always seems as if the Pards can beat any PL team on any given night. Few DI coaches ever have done so much with so little.

Everybody knows it's time for Lafayette basketball to step up. But unlike Frank T., Fran O'Hanlon seem poised to step aside on his own terms. Everybody loves FOH and appreciates all he has done. I don't think he's going to take undue advantage of that appreciation. I hope they rename the court after him when he retires.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:56 pm

MaroonerView user's profile






Joined: 20 Jan 2011
Posts: 152


Location: Allentown





bison137 wrote:
As for Lehigh, I think there is a 99% chance they enter a pay for play event. Zero chance of the NIT. It was enjoyable watching Kempton walk off the court in tears last night after another postseason failure. I'm sure he blamed his teammates.

Finally, 137 says something we can agree on!

And I'm not one to automatically hate on the student-athletes at Lehigh (the team yes, but not the kids), but Kempton is kind of a jerk by all accounts I've heard.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:52 pm

RichHView user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1211







Surprised to read this statement from a guy I have respected. 137 whether you like or dislike Kempton to relish his pain is classless and to me repugnant.smh

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:25 pm

bison137View user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1378







RichH wrote:
Surprised to read this statement from a guy I have respected. 137 whether you like or dislike Kempton to relish his pain is classless and to me repugnant.smh



Since the PL has existed, he us the only player whose failure I have enjoyed.  He has been classless for four years and is probably the least favorite PL player at all nine rival schools.  And it has nothing to do with his great ability.  Players like Foyle, McCollum, Muscala, Simmons, Ehlers, etc were not disliked.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:40 pm

RichHView user's profile






Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 1211







Explanation does not justify your post 137 only your reasons for it. Over my time there have been a number of players in various.sports that I have truly disliked.Admit I loved it when their team lost but I took no joy in any individual's tears.  Nor would I boast about it.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:17 am

KpardView user's profile






Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 1272


Location: Bethlehem





Bogus Megapardus wrote:
Kpard wrote:
in game coaching is always top notch


This is why FOH is here and likely will remain (IMHO) until he decides otherwise. In late February/early March it always seems as if the Pards can beat any PL team on any given night. Few DI coaches ever have done so much with so little.

Everybody knows it's time for Lafayette basketball to step up. But unlike Frank T., Fran O'Hanlon seem poised to step aside on his own terms. Everybody loves FOH and appreciates all he has done. I don't think he's going to take undue advantage of that appreciation. I hope they rename the court after him when he retires.


Agree with you that FOH is not going anywhere. It is a bit premature to want to name the court after him. He is the winningest coach in LC history, but, with a sub .500 record.
Besides, as soon as I hit the powerball I'm giving enough of it to the college to name the court after me!
Kpard court @ KSC.
It has a nice ring to it, wouldn't you agree? Rolling Eyes Laughing Cool Shocked Wink


_________________
GO PARDS!

Reply with quote
  
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2
 Previous Thread | Next Thread 

Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

The time now is Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:37 pm

phpvBB - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum - Top - MODs

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Visit Justinsanity.net for all your phpvBB needs.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum