Woo Hoo - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum



Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index


Lafayette Sports Fan Forum > Feedback > 
--- Woo Hoo

Reply to topic

Must be logged in to watch topics

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:32 am

The MaroonView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 1858


Location: Bethlehem, PA





No more ads!

Thanks to the generous contribution of a member of the board we are ad-free for six months!

I guess nobody really cares that much but I think it makes the whole thing look a little more...professional.

Next step: Domain name. It's easier to tell people to go to "Leopardsroar.com" (or something else....) than "lafayettesports.myfreeforum.org" if you don't bookmark this site it's probably hard to find again.

Hopefully we'll have a domain name by football season.

ALSO: Those of you with Firefox let me know if it's still a problem. I found a discussion board where really nerdy (but helpful) techy guys give code that helps on a lot of things.
_________________
I bleed Maroon

 Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Leopard LoyalistView user's profile






Joined: 03 Nov 2007
Posts: 98







For what it's worth, I've never had any problems using Firefox to access this board.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:47 pm

Bogus MegapardusView user's profile






Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 5866


Location: The Psphere of Pardsvillian Punditry





I have Windows 7 with Firefox and have never had any problems. This is a good, easy to use board. You're right, though, it's not very easy to find.

FYI - the domains "lafayetteleopards.com" and "lafayette-leopards.com" both are unregistered and appear to be available.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:18 pm

TheTruthView user's profile






Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 569







Firefox is now working!!!!!

Thanks!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:57 pm

The MaroonView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 1858


Location: Bethlehem, PA





Bogus Megapardus wrote:
I have Windows 7 with Firefox and have never had any problems. This is a good, easy to use board. You're right, though, it's not very easy to find.

FYI - the domains "lafayetteleopards.com" and "lafayette-leopards.com" both are unregistered and appear to be available.


I was reading up on how to transfer the board to a domain name last night--the thing is if I understood it correctly it may actually shut the board for a couple of days...So this DEFINITELY is not the time to try it!
_________________
I bleed Maroon

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:28 pm

Bogus MegapardusView user's profile






Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 5866


Location: The Psphere of Pardsvillian Punditry





The Maroon wrote:

I was reading up on how to transfer the board to a domain name last night--the thing is if I understood it correctly it may actually shut the board for a couple of days...So this DEFINITELY is not the time to try it!


Yep.  New domain has to propagate through the internet.  It will take few days.  You probably want to reserve the names you want now, and get a dummy site up and running.  The do the switch over the summer.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:02 am

The MaroonView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 1858


Location: Bethlehem, PA





Bogus Megapardus wrote:
The Maroon wrote:

I was reading up on how to transfer the board to a domain name last night--the thing is if I understood it correctly it may actually shut the board for a couple of days...So this DEFINITELY is not the time to try it!


Yep. New domain has to propagate through the internet. It will take few days. You probably want to reserve the names you want now, and get a dummy site up and running. The do the switch over the summer.


I might try to go earlier than that. Once the hoops tourneys are over and before we get to the meat of the Spring season would be a good time--the discussions drop significantly after the winter. Since you seem to have expertise in the field you may get a PM from me. I want to hash this out--but I want someone to make sure I'm not forgetting something important.


_________________
I bleed Maroon

Reply with quote
  
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
 Previous Thread | Next Thread 

Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

The time now is Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:17 pm

phpvBB - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum - Top - MODs

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Visit Justinsanity.net for all your phpvBB needs.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum