Frank is done per report - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum



Lafayette Sports Fan Forum Forum Index


Lafayette Sports Fan Forum > Football > 
--- Frank is done per report

Reply to topic

Must be logged in to watch topics

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:09 pm

flyfisherView user's profile






Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 1306







seenalot wrote:
Don't tell me let me guess - the Dean of Diversity, the head of the faculty committee on retaining tenure, the Director of Plant Operations and the women Bruce reports to....all with a deep knowledge of coaching and what it takes to be successful in same.


check her Facebook page. Pretty sure she married a former LC grad. Do some research and check the timing of several events.

 Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:23 pm

Franks TanksView user's profile






Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 3278







I will be shocked if it is Mickey.  I think we made this move knowing major changes are needed, and its not coming from guys on staff.  Don't think we would fire Frank only to promote a current staff member, especially since none of them earned the job.

This committee approach is pretty common.  Penn State had an advisory committee in place when they hired James Franklin that consisted in part of other successful coaches at the school.  Some of these folks can be helpful, but they need to advise and not be part of the final decision.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:44 pm

flyfisherView user's profile






Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 1306







Franks Tanks wrote:
I will be shocked if it is Mickey. I think we made this move knowing major changes are needed, and its not coming from guys on staff. Don't think we would fire Frank only to promote a current staff member, especially since none of them earned the job.

This committee approach is pretty common. Penn State had an advisory committee in place when they hired James Franklin that consisted in part of other successful coaches at the school. Some of these folks can be helpful, but they need to advise and not be part of the final decision.


I also doubt it is Fein. His wife also works at LC. Really nice person btw.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:20 am

SixtyEighterView user's profile






Joined: 28 Oct 2013
Posts: 503







Lafayette situation is not comparable to PSU Franklin situation in any way- Our problem is a culture of losing (eg both basketball games last night).Penn State had a culture of depraved child molesting cover up which had cost them in public image perception and loss of scholarships. Their answer was to hire a guy who protected rapists at Vanderbilt.
But I digress- If anyone saw McCutcheon's interview last night with Mike Joseph at half time of basketball's latest ignominious defeat it had to leave you shaking your head. First he tried to sugar coat Tavani's exit with a bunch of non-sequiturs and then he tried to describe in garbled english what he was looking for in Tavani's replacement .He said he had three criteria . He did ok on the first two and then he had a Rick Perry oops moment and lost the third in a stream of babble. No wonder the ship is rudderless.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:32 am

KpardView user's profile






Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 1271


Location: Bethlehem





SixtyEighter wrote:
Lafayette situation is not comparable to PSU Franklin situation in any way- Our problem is a culture of losing (eg both basketball games last night).Penn State had a culture of depraved child molesting cover up which had cost them in public image perception and loss of scholarships. Their answer was to hire a guy who protected rapists at Vanderbilt.
But I digress- If anyone saw McCutcheon's interview last night with Mike Joseph at half time of basketball's latest ignominious defeat it had to leave you shaking your head. First he tried to sugar coat Tavani's exit with a bunch of non-sequiturs and then he tried to describe in garbled english what he was looking for in Tavani's replacement .He said he had three criteria . He did ok on the first two and then he had a Rick Perry oops moment and lost the third in a stream of babble. No wonder the ship is rudderless.


Also, he made an obvious play to his boss, throwing in criteria of diversity and equalility. WTH does that have to do with coaching and running a football program? Get in the real world folks!
_________________
GO PARDS!

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:49 am

Franks TanksView user's profile






Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 3278







SixtyEighter wrote:
Lafayette situation is not comparable to PSU Franklin situation in any way- Our problem is a culture of losing (eg both basketball games last night).Penn State had a culture of depraved child molesting cover up which had cost them in public image perception and loss of scholarships. Their answer was to hire a guy who protected rapists at Vanderbilt.
But I digress- If anyone saw McCutcheon's interview last night with Mike Joseph at half time of basketball's latest ignominious defeat it had to leave you shaking your head. First he tried to sugar coat Tavani's exit with a bunch of non-sequiturs and then he tried to describe in garbled english what he was looking for in Tavani's replacement .He said he had three criteria . He did ok on the first two and then he had a Rick Perry oops moment and lost the third in a stream of babble. No wonder the ship is rudderless.


The point is a commitee isn't inherently bad as long as there is a clear decision maker.  School use commitees, often comprised of other coaches, to help vet a candidate.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:00 am

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6146







SixtyEighter wrote:
Lafayette situation is not comparable to PSU Franklin situation in any way- Our problem is a culture of losing (eg both basketball games last night).Penn State had a culture of depraved child molesting cover up which had cost them in public image perception and loss of scholarships. Their answer was to hire a guy who protected rapists at Vanderbilt.
But I digress- If anyone saw McCutcheon's interview last night with Mike Joseph at half time of basketball's latest ignominious defeat it had to leave you shaking your head. First he tried to sugar coat Tavani's exit with a bunch of non-sequiturs and then he tried to describe in garbled english what he was looking for in Tavani's replacement .He said he had three criteria . He did ok on the first two and then he had a Rick Perry oops moment and lost the third in a stream of babble. No wonder the ship is rudderless.


You're not kidding and well described, 68. Also thought he might have slipped up and caught himself when asked about names. Seemed like he was about to say he'd "been giving it some thought" for awhile and then changed to "yesterday morning." Might not have fit with the retirement story they're putting out. Anyway, he has some people in mind.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:02 am

ed65View user's profile






Joined: 04 Sep 2013
Posts: 883


Location: New York City





flyfisher wrote:
seenalot wrote:
Don't tell me let me guess - the Dean of Diversity, the head of the faculty committee on retaining tenure, the Director of Plant Operations and the women Bruce reports to....all with a deep knowledge of coaching and what it takes to be successful in same.


check her Facebook page. Pretty sure she married a former LC grad. Do some research and check the timing of several events.


You are correct.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:54 am

Bogus MegapardusView user's profile






Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 5878


Location: The Psphere of Pardsvillian Punditry





Andy wrote:
You're not kidding and well described, 68. Also thought he might have slipped up and caught himself when asked about names. Seemed like he was about to say he'd "been giving it some thought" for awhile and then changed to "yesterday morning." Might not have fit with the retirement story they're putting out. Anyway, he has some people in mind.


That portion of the interview starts at 1:02:37 in the replay:

https://livestream.com/lafayette/events/6557800/videos/143126837

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:27 pm

SIDELINERView user's profile






Joined: 13 Oct 2008
Posts: 674


Location: PA





RichH wrote:
Guess he could Bogie but I would bet LC bought out that option. How many prospective HC candifates are going to accept a prior HC on campus looking over his shoulder.


One example: When K.C. Keeler was hired at Delaware, Tubby Raymond was still on the campus for the first couple of years. I guess that probably wasn't the first such deal, either.

Also, I don't think I saw a link to The Morning Call's story. So ...
http://www.mcall.com/sports/colle...avani-resigns-20161130-story.html

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:51 pm

PardDad71View user's profile






Joined: 09 Nov 2016
Posts: 166







SIDELINER wrote:
RichH wrote:
Guess he could Bogie but I would bet LC bought out that option. How many prospective HC candifates are going to accept a prior HC on campus looking over his shoulder.


One example: When K.C. Keeler was hired at Delaware, Tubby Raymond was still on the campus for the first couple of years. I guess that probably wasn't the first such deal, either.

Also, I don't think I saw a link to The Morning Call's story. So ...
http://www.mcall.com/sports/colle...avani-resigns-20161130-story.html


Tubby did truly retire though, and didn't spend a whole lot of time on Campus.   More a game day thing

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:55 pm

AndyView user's profile






Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 6146







SIDELINER wrote:
Also, I don't think I saw a link to The Morning Call's story. So ...
http://www.mcall.com/sports/colle...avani-resigns-20161130-story.html


Like Mrazek's comments about next year. Interesting, too, that 3 of the best LBs/best players, best play-makers,  we've ever had - Blake, Romans, BB - had no other offers.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:55 pm

flyfisherView user's profile






Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 1306







SIDELINER wrote:
RichH wrote:
Guess he could Bogie but I would bet LC bought out that option. How many prospective HC candifates are going to accept a prior HC on campus looking over his shoulder.


One example: When K.C. Keeler was hired at Delaware, Tubby Raymond was still on the campus for the first couple of years. I guess that probably wasn't the first such deal, either.

Also, I don't think I saw a link to The Morning Call's story. So ...
http://www.mcall.com/sports/colle...avani-resigns-20161130-story.html


I read this article and tried not to puke on myself. Glad he is taking his rings with him. That was the first thing he mentioned. One day you guys will know more about the whole story. Listen to leopard10. He has been on the front lines.

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:35 pm

artanisView user's profile






Joined: 02 Oct 2011
Posts: 130







"Remember, Tavani is a tenured faculty member.  It's only his coaching contract that has been terminated.  He will continue to draw pay (I assume) as a faculty member with all the pension and benefits, etc. that go along with it."

What the hell kind of a place are you running over there?
_________________
artanis

Reply with quote
  
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:01 am

SIDELINERView user's profile






Joined: 13 Oct 2008
Posts: 674


Location: PA





flyfisher wrote:
[quote="SIDELINER:58424
I read this article and tried not to puke on myself. Glad he is taking his rings with him. That was the first thing he mentioned. One day you guys will know more about the whole story. Listen to leopard10. He has been on the front lines.


That was the first thing WHO mentioned, Reinhard or Tavani? Sometimes a person's last words become the most important to the writer. And, those seven league championships aren't to be denied in the big picture. I'm not sure what "fly" is alluding to as "the whole story," but I have my ideas about that, too.

Do you think the athletics study is going to have any effect on who is hired as the new coach?  If so, there will be no quick decision. The consultant isn't on campus until next week, according to the timeline on the study.

Reply with quote
  
Reply to topic Page 6 of 6
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Previous Thread | Next Thread 

Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Jump to:  
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

The time now is Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:11 am

phpvBB - Lafayette Sports Fan Forum - Top - MODs

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Visit Justinsanity.net for all your phpvBB needs.
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum